Kodiak Newbee Fresh Water Tank Question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2016, 06:08 PM   #1

Ohio
Kodiak Newbee Fresh Water Tank Question

Purchased a 2015 Kodiak 200QB and now ready to winterize. Where is the drain for the fresh water tank? I do not want to just turn the water faucet on and let it drain into the gray tank because that might damage the water pump. My previous TT (another brand) had a valve just under the tank. I do not see one on this Kodiak.

cowgirlcincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:33 PM   #2

Tennessee
You should only have 3 drains under there, 2 low point drains (should be side by side) and your fresh water drain. You may have to look up and back behind the frame, sometime they are hard to spot. My low point drains are right behind the rear tires tucked close to the outside wall.

My freshwater tank is on the front side of my camper and the drain is about a foot in right above the axle.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:50 PM   #3

Ontario
Unhappy

Interesting, I was just doing this sad job (end of year ) this afternoon. On my Kodiak 241 rbsl the water tank drain is located between the tires on the same side I fill, just open the valve to empty.

Dawnie, are there "always" two low point drain lines on these trailers? I've crawled everywhere under the trailer and can only find one. As you see from the picture, the line is red so I assume it's the hot water drain line but I can't find another.

WoodlawnDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:52 PM   #4

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlawnDon View Post
Dawnie, are there "always" two low point drain lines on these trailers? I've crawled everywhere under the trailer and can only find one. As you see from the picture, the line is red so I assume it's the hot water drain line but I can't find another.
I'm no expert, but there should be. My last two campers had them, they were both side by side, cold and hot. Not sure how you would drain a system with only one drain??
It's also possible they pushed the cold side up into the belly when they put the under barrier up.

If you're 100% positive there's not one somewhere else, you may have to cut a small inspection hole out by the hot water drain and check for the cold.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #5

Ohio
Fresh Water Tank Drain-Found!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
You should only have 3 drains under there, 2 low point drains (should be side by side) and your fresh water drain. You may have to look up and back behind the frame, sometime they are hard to spot. My low point drains are right behind the rear tires tucked close to the outside wall.

My freshwater tank is on the front side of my camper and the drain is about a foot in right above the axle.
Thank you Thank you Thank you. I found it as you described. It is kind of between the tires but more toward the front and about a foot in toward the belly. Not easy to get to and I am not happy that I have to lay on the ground to reach under there. If it was like a ball valve where I could just turn the handle to open it up it would not be so bad but it is a plug type that you have to unscrew to loosen then re-screw to tighten back up. Oh well. Thanks for your help. Happy Trails.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:24 PM   #6

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirlcincy View Post
If it was like a ball valve where I could just turn the handle to open it up it would not be so bad but it is a plug type that you have to unscrew to loosen then re-screw to tighten back up. Oh well. Thanks for your help. Happy Trails.
It's cheap and easy to get a 1/2" plastic threaded ball valve and screw it on, that's what I did with my low point drains.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:25 PM   #7

Ohio
Ball Valve for fresh water tank drain

Great idea! Thank you and I will for sure check into that.

Happy Trails