Grey water issue - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2024, 07:04 PM   #1

Mississippi
Grey water issue

I am holding water under my camper. I have a 2024 Aspen Trail LE.

When I use the shower water pours from under my camper. I was trying to get it into the shop but the shop won't take it until the first. (I moved to a new location due to other reason.) And as it was being moved water was pouring from the underside of my camper.

I'm waiting for a tech to come and look at it but in the meantime I'm just curious if anybody else has had some work experience?

I'm worried about electrical and the wood components underneath thing damage for the water being down there for another amount of time and warranty.

BlueEyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 12:01 PM   #2

Florida
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Be prepared for your camper to be in the shop a while. Sounds like you have an issue with your shower drain not being hooked up to the gray tank or your gray tank is full. When you camp, do you leave the gray tank valve open to drain into the sewer?

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 05:38 PM   #3

Mississippi
I am living in my camper right now. I watch my tanks and know how many showers I can take before I have to drain it. And of course I watch black water tank too. Thankfully I have a bathhouse on the grounds where I'm staying so I can still take showers.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:47 AM   #4

Arizona
Can you access under the shower?

My shower drain is located in the pass through storage with easy access. If it’s on the undercarriage, that can be removed and installed tricky or cut and taped.
chrisski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 02:20 PM   #5

Mississippi
Mine isn't in a pass through. I'm waiting on the mobile techs to call me back. I'm hoping it's covered under warranty. I don't see why it wouldn't be. I'm just past 60 days in a new 2024. This shouldn't be happening this soon. I hope we all have better luck.
Old 06-21-2024, 02:40 PM   #6

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes2 View Post
Mine isn't in a pass through. I'm waiting on the mobile techs to call me back. I'm hoping it's covered under warranty. I don't see why it wouldn't be. I'm just past 60 days in a new 2024. This shouldn't be happening this soon. I hope we all have better luck.
Its a shame that warranty work is so hard to get serviced. almost like they are making it so hard they want you to go elsewhere.
chrisski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 08:44 PM   #7

Illinois
Warranty

Thats exactly what they do is put you off until you won't wait and take it somewhere else or do it yourself

Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aspen trail le, gray water tank, warranty