Gray water backup - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #1

Washington
Gray water backup

I have a 2006 Denali and there are three drains. I am really new to all of this and this is my very first TT (had the unit for three weeks). The three drains are not marked and my gray water is backing up into the sinks. If anyone in this forum has a unit with three drains, how do you tell them apart?

JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #2

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I have a 2006 Denali and there are three drains. I am really new to all of this and this is my very first TT (had the unit for three weeks). The three drains are not marked and my gray water is backing up into the sinks. If anyone in this forum has a unit with three drains, how do you tell them apart?
I have three valves but two of them are marked One marked toilet and other marked bath. The third is unmarked and is for the kitchen gray.

So to help with your question. If you can actually see all three valve bodies. The Large one will be your black water. The two others should be gray, UNLESS you have two toilets in you trailer then you need to figure out what is what and mark them. Anyway, in my limited experience, the larger are for black water.

arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #3

Washington
Gray water backup

Thanks for the reply. So, as I read it the two smaller valves are gray water and the larger valve is black water. I only have one bathroom. So, I Can Do This!!

Johnl
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #4

Arizona
If you are hooked up to sewer and want to do all your tanks. Do the black water first. That way the gray water rinses the hose.
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote