Coleman 285BH Mysterious gray 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2022, 04:14 PM   #1

New Jersey
Coleman 285BH Mysterious gray 2

Hi
We just bought this 4 months ago. We were told it only has 1 gray tank when they did the walk through. The camper specs say it only has 1 gray tank. However, the gray 2 says full and the kitchen sink backed up. We keep our gray hooked to sewer. I am not sure how to empty this tank. There is only the two levers. I black and 1 gray. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Laura

sapphies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:49 PM   #2

California
The only thought I have is there is a blockage in your grey tank. Does it drain into the sewer. Or a blockage in the sink. Is there a sink trap to take apart and see if anything stuck there.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:09 PM   #3

New Jersey
Update

Apparently it does have 2 gray tanks. The valve for the second tank which is the galley is on the other side of the axels closer to the leveling jacks. What is really strange is that the manual and specs doesn't have this listed. Camping World has been horrible with showing us what is what. They left some key things out during the walk through. Oh well, trial by fire I suppose. I am just happy everything is working now and we can do our last trip of the season next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chily3 View Post
The only thought I have is there is a blockage in your grey tank. Does it drain into the sewer. Or a blockage in the sink. Is there a sink trap to take apart and see if anything stuck there.
sapphies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:32 PM   #4

Florida
CW is no better than the others but sometimes worse in their PM and walk through.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 09:40 PM   #5

Michigan
Grey water tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphies View Post
Hi
We just bought this 4 months ago. We were told it only has 1 gray tank when they did the walk through. The camper specs say it only has 1 gray tank. However, the gray 2 says full and the kitchen sink backed up. We keep our gray hooked to sewer. I am not sure how to empty this tank. There is only the two levers. I black and 1 gray. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Laura
I was just looking at a picture of the driver's side, you have two grey tanks. One dump is at the back and the other is at the front of the slide, that one would service the kitchen sink. The specs don't list it, but it's there. With the kitchen towards the front and the bath at the back they use two grey tanks, one on each side of the axles.
capeharj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 03:14 PM   #6

California
He already found the pull handle. See post 3 above.

Tags
gray tank 2