Black tank leak at 2/3 full - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #1

Colorado
Black tank leak at 2/3 full

Hi all, here I am again I have a 2014 Kodiak 240 BHSL. I was flushing the black tank out today and when the water level hit about the 2/3 mark water started pouring out of the underbelly of the camper! Ours has the heated underbelly so it had a black cover running the length of the camper and I can not see what is going on in there. I contacted the dealer to get it in and they are booking a month out! We leave in 7 days on a trip so I wanted to get opinions from those here and see if anyone else has experienced this type of leak?
I was considering making the appointment then doing this trip being careful not to let the tank get past 1/2. What are your thoughts?
I'm a bit frustrated as we bought locally (and paid a bit more) to have the service near by. It appears even though we have only had the camper for about 3 months we are just another number

rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #2

New York
Heck - I have duck tape on the front of our trailer to prevent water from leaking into the bedroom - we are leaving on a 2 week trip and I'll drop it off at the dealer for repairs!!!!!!!

Just make sure that the underbelly is free of the water - even if you have to drop some of the "black covering" to check it out, then go on your trip and enjoy! Just remember to dump at 1/2 full.....

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #3

Colorado
Thanks for the reply, I think I'm going to try and access the underbelly today and try to see exactly what is leaking. Does anyone know if the underbelly cover is one large piece that needs to come down or is it in sections? Is there a better way to have a look from the top somewhere? Still have about 4 hours before I can get outside and working on this so any advice is appreciated.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #4

Colorado
Well, I got the underbelly cover dropped at the back left corner by the dump valves and found a very clear crack in the tank right above the 2/3 sensor. It will be covered under warranty but again they can't get me in for a month! For now I have run a bead of silicone along the crack (about 1/2") to allow me to still use it. I will not fill above 2/3 though!
Old 09-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #5

Colorado
Throw some 1000 mile an hour tape over that and it would probably last forever!

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote