Aspen Trail 3010BHDS Fresh Water Holding Tank - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2020, 02:22 PM   #1

Idaho
Aspen Trail 3010BHDS Fresh Water Holding Tank

In the underbelly of the trailer, the forward fresh water tank support has sheared off the screws on the door side of the trailer. The screws appear to have been TEKs self drilling screws that rusted out. I have removed what was left of the screws and now need to lift the water tank up, so I can get the support back into place. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on how to lift the tank without cause damage?

I'm also not sure about the best approach for the underbelly cover removal. Should I remove the entire thing, or cut an "access" panel then re-secure it with something like duct tape.

etompkins3127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #2

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by etompkins3127 View Post
Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on how to lift the tank without cause damage?
I'm thinking a 4x8 sheet of ⅜" or ½" plywood (not particle board), and a pair of either transmission jacks or standard floor jacks. Or, maybe even only a 4'x4' piece, and a single jack since you only need to lift one side.

The plywood should distribute the pressure of the jacks and lift the tank where you need it.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:59 AM   #3

Illinois
Cut what you need on the underbelly and remember to keep the front intact and fold forward so it's got less tendency to rip from wind underway.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:49 PM   #4

Wisconsin
Hopefully you emptied the tank and still need significant force to lift it back into place. Trying to lift a full tank could a serious issue.

Duck tape or its knock offs do not weather well for long periods. Some recommend Eternabond, but it requires significant pressure to stick. Find a weather proof high strength tape for this job.

A alternative is to put a larger patch piece of chloroplast on and size it so you can attach to frame and cross members with screws and fender washers.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:45 PM   #5

California
Under belly tanks.

I dropped the right side of my belly and could access all I needed. I found tec screws missing, the frame support for tank was bent, I could see where screw holes where marked but after the frame was bent and one screw was put in wrong place my tank was coming out. Luckily my dump valve stuck and that's why I was under there. I discovered that my black water tank was almost half way out of the support. I was going to send pic to Dutchman but never did. I don't think they care. When the tanks are empty there not heavy. My trailer is a 2018 model. I didn't use to worry about how much weight was in my tanks but now after seeing what holds it together I think I will dump more often. And I will watch those screws if they rust and break off you will have a awful mess.
larrypride is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3010bhds, aspen trail, fresh water tank