291RESL Dual Grey Tanks - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #1

North Carolina
291RESL Dual Grey Tanks

I am staying in my 2016 291 resl for the first time right now! My two grey tanks have me a little confused. I know one is for the galley and the other for the bathroom sink and shower. My problem is that I tried to drain them one at a time, but it seems like one of the grey water handles does not do anything. For example They were both full and I pulled one to let it drain. Then I pulled the other and nothing! Checked the panel and they were both empty. I guess all is good if they are both draining, but it seems like one handle is just for show! BTW they both do fill to different levels, so it is not the same tank and I guess they aren't connected together.

captainmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #2

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmorgan View Post
I am staying in my 2016 291 resl for the first time right now! My two grey tanks have me a little confused. I know one is for the galley and the other for the bathroom sink and shower. My problem is that I tried to drain them one at a time, but it seems like one of the grey water handles does not do anything. For example They were both full and I pulled one to let it drain. Then I pulled the other and nothing! Checked the panel and they were both empty. I guess all is good if they are both draining, but it seems like one handle is just for show! BTW they both do fill to different levels, so it is not the same tank and I guess they aren't connected together.
You've got dual gray tanks? I've only got one, both sinks and the shower drain into it. So on the underside I've got the gray tank handle and the black tank handle.
So it sounds like you've got two gray tank handles and one black tank handle. Interesting.

Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:00 PM   #3

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adair1965 View Post
You've got dual gray tanks? I've only got one, both sinks and the shower drain into it. So on the underside I've got the gray tank handle and the black tank handle.
So it sounds like you've got two gray tank handles and one black tank handle. Interesting.
Sorry it took so long to reply. I do have two grey tanks. One tank is for the kitchen sink and the other for the shower...I think the bathroom and kitchen sinks could be on the same tank.

I found out that if you pull the little grey handle it opens the valve to the kitchen, but will not drain until you open the big grey valve. If you open the big one and let it drain, and then open the little one with the big one open you can see the rest of the water drain. In theory if I left the little grey handle open it should tie the two tanks together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160623_195234.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	3423  
captainmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote