2003 Dutchmen Lite 24Q Gray water line leak. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2021, 04:08 PM   #1

New York
2003 Dutchmen Lite 24Q Gray water line leak.

Just bought 2003 Dutchmen Lite 24QB last week. Please forgive me if I’m using the wrong terms for stuff—I’m a first time camper owner. I wasn’t there for the viewing or purchase and it wasn’t hooked up to water at the time so we couldn’t have known if there was leak on the gray water line leading to the dump valve. It started as a small drip on the pvc pipe between the dump valve and the metal elbow leading up to the tank.. We sprayed some flex seal on the pvc and the leaked stopped for a day. Then started dripping even more. Sprayed more flex seal and it was fine for a few more days then water started spraying from several spots. It’s a black pipe so we can’t see the cracks. I got some flex seal tape to put on there but the damage might be too much to seal it. It looks like the pvc is glued into the metal pipe and the valve so replacing just the pvc might prove difficult. Any idea on how to find and replace that whole piece or other options that might work? Do I really need to replace it? Is leaking gray water an issue at RV parks? I also noticed that it doesn’t leak if I just leave the gray valve open but also not sure how safe that is because right now I’m dumping into a septic system.

Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.

KittyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:37 AM   #2

Florida
It’s unusual for that pipe to have cracks. Possibly the previous owner got too close to a curb and broke the pipe. I have heard of some folks using their gray water for watering plants but usually the parks do not allow any water from your RV to be dumped or leaked.

Your gray water system has special piping that prevents the sewer gasses from entering your cabin.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote