2000 Dutchmen Zephyr replacing dump valve - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #1

Pennsylvania
2000 Dutchmen Zephyr replacing dump valve

Just wondering if anyone has had to replace a dump valve on a Dutchmen Zepyhr. I pulled the lever to dump the black water and the rod pulled all the way out. The end is not threaded so it looks like I will be replacing the valve. I don't have a problem with replacing the valve, its a matter of getting to the valve. The undercarriage is enclosed and looks like its going to be a job getting to the valve, any tips on how to get to the valve would be greatly appreciated.

sibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #2

British Columbia
I had a black tank dump valve that was leaking and it would have been a major headache to pull the belly pan off to replace it.

On a trip last year, I came across a valve that could be installed on the end off the drain, (similar to the Valtera bayonet valve) but this one you cut the old bayonet off and cement the new one on to the pipe.

If your valve is stuck wide open this is a much easier fix.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #3

Pennsylvania
Thanks for your reply. I have seen the Valtera bayonet style valve but not the one that is cemented on, may be my easiest fix.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #4

Pennsylvania
Upon a little closer inspection, I see where the underbelly was cut and taped. I'm going to change out the valve and seal it with Gorilla Tape and maybe use a few zip ties for extra strength.