Wiring - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2023, 12:07 AM   #1

Arkansas
Wiring

I bought a 1999 Dutchmen and couldn't get fridge to work. We pulled it out and saw that there was a orange and white wires not hooked up, they were touching each other and arch. There's a plug for fridge right beside it. We don't have a clue to what it's for and it looks like whoever had it tried pulling it out of wall. Does anyone know what these wires are? Everything works but the plug for fridge?

sherryhuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 02:47 AM   #2

Connecticut
I think you will need to provide the mafg name and model of the fridge for help and pictures of the fridge and the wires. Most fridges in RV's are powered by propane called absorption refrigeration as opposed to the home type that uses a compressor. Most require battery (12 volts) just to power the unit that spark lights the flame under the area where heat is needed. I advise not touching or putting any wires into an outlet.

kimbo@alum.mit.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:27 PM   #3

Montana
As mentioned, most RV fridges are absorption fridges which can operate off of either propane or 120V AC electric (shore/grid power). I have no idea about the wires, can you post a picture and describe where they go?
Is the outlet in the back of the unit? I assume you mean a household style 120V AC outlet and I'm guessing this is for operating the fridge on shore power. My fridge has a household style plug that is plugged in in the back as you describe. I can access this via the outside by removing the fridge ventilation cover.
Old 03-27-2023, 03:56 PM   #4

Illinois
Mine also has the receptacle for shore power
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring