The switch and tank level panel lights giving strange results - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2023, 08:10 PM   #1

Nevada
The switch and tank level panel lights giving strange results

I have a 2018 Kodiak Cub 175BH. I had it in the shop recently for having a new trailer wiring connector put on. To my knowledge, they simply spliced it, or rather, they did a better splice of the emergency one I did after my cable got partially cut on accident. Everything works fine when I dropped it off a couple weeks ago. We actually had returned from a camping trip with a four hour drive and everything was fully charged.

I just picked up the trailer and after putting it back in storage, I noted that none of the interior lights would come on. I thought was odd since it was only at the shop for two weeks. It had full batteries when I dropped it off.

On the panel near the door with all the switches and the buttons to check the level of the batteries and water tanks, I noted that all of the buttons, when I push them, result in the first three LEDs illuminating faintly. It does this when checking battery level, fresh water, gray water, black water, etc. All of the water tanks are bone dry. But no matter what, I just got three faintly illuminated LEDs. None of the lights on the interior turn on. The power awning will not activate. I cannot get the refrigerator to run on battery power.

I'm nervous that when the shop was fixing the wiring, they may have fried something. Has anyone seen something like this before?

areshecub175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:15 PM   #2

Florida
Sounds like a ground issue or crossed wire back feeding to me, that’s where I would look first. Troubleshooting this will be fun!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 02:42 PM   #3

Montana
It may have sat at the shop for 2 weeks unplugged, so the parasitic draws on the battery depleted it. Your short drive from shop to storage was not enough time to get much charge back in it. If you plug the trailer wire back into your tow vehicle, do the 12V items in the camper work normally?
Old 04-26-2023, 04:43 PM   #4

Wisconsin
Plug it into shore power for 24 hours. If things work after that, the issue is the plug wiring. The 12 volt negative is probably not connected properly. It could also be the positive 12 volt wire.

Do running lights work while connected to tow vehicle?
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 03:43 AM   #5

Alberta
did you find the problem
gfp468 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
175bh, electrical, kodiak cub, wiring