Speakers suddenly stop working - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2013, 03:43 AM   #1

Louisiana
Speakers suddenly stop working

I have a Kodiak 200QB 2012. Love it! Trouble is, on our last trip out, we discovered the speakers stopped working. No sound at all. We have the Touch Audio DVD system with the 6 speakers including the outside speakers.

The Touch Audio system itself lights up, plays the DVD, but no sound at all. Previous trip was just fine. Checked fuse, it's fine. Reset the system several times, no change. I even took out the unit to check for loose wires, everything is connected, nothing loose.

Do I just need to replace the system? I'm just wanting to be sure before buying a new one.

Anyone out there encountered the same problem? Trouble is I'm not sure this is under warranty anymore. Doubt I want to get the same replacement anyway?

lvnlife1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #2

This is where your system come from I believe, LED Home
I'd give them a call to see if they can help.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #3

Wyoming
I don't know the specific system you're referring to, but just a question & a general suggestion:

1) Ok, I know this is the obvious question but... any chance you could have just accidentally changed the input/output settings on the audio head unit? I did that on the audio system in my Voltage one day, and it about drove me nuts trying to figure it out. And, it didn't help that, after I made any changes, the system had about a 10-to-15 second delay before it takes effect!

What I mean is that I'd switch audio output... hear nothing... and change to a different setting. Then, by accident, I happened to leave it on the setting I thought should be the correct one while I went to get the manual yet again... and about 15 seconds later, WHA-LAH!! All of the sudden I had surround sound in the rig again. So I was putting it on the correct setting after all.. but I wasn't giving the system enough time to make it's internal switches.

2) You say you've taken the unit out and checked things. Did you connect a different set of speakers to it to see if they would play? Maybe you've got a pair of old car speakers, ,or an some stereo/home theater speakers in your house you could use to test with? If the different speakers play, you'll know it's not your audio head.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote