Slide Troubles! - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2017, 06:31 PM   #21

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
Revere411 - I may be sending you a PM or two for a few detailed questions on the Schwintek....
Oki Doki

ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:34 PM   #22

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVeteran View Post
Actually both sides on the bottom are out a bit over an inch .
If you are referring to the space below the floor line molding then that is normal. The j-wrap does not need to seal to keep water out of the unit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Revere411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:35 PM   #23

Alabama
Your fender skirts are not going to line up.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:47 PM   #24

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revere411 View Post
Your fender skirts are not going to line up.

Ok, forgetting the fender. The top is definitely a tighter fit than at the bottom. By at least an inch.

I cannot get my finger in at the top. But can easily at the bottom.

Thoughts?
Thanks.

Bill
Old 11-26-2017, 01:19 AM   #25

Alabama
I can't tell which one is the front and which one is the back. The one picture shows the t-metal on the slide box is tight against the floor line molding. The other end of the box is kind of dark and looks like it could be adjusted in a little. Other than that if it ain't leaking I wouldn't worry about it. I explained in an earlier response how to adjust the corner in and out.

If it causes you to spill your beer or catch something on fire it's a problem. It not then enjoy, it's a camper.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:24 AM   #26

South Carolina
Quote:
I can't tell which one is the front and which one is the back. The one picture shows the t-metal on the slide box is tight against the floor line molding. The other end of the box is kind of dark and looks like it could be adjusted in a little. Other than that if it ain't leaking I wouldn't worry about it. I explained in an earlier response how to adjust the corner in and out.

If it causes you to spill your beer or catch something on fire it's a problem. It not then enjoy, it's a camper.

Thanks for all the help and info. I will sit back and thunk some and enjoy that beer.

If I need to take it in for any other warranty work I will have the dealer adjust at that point.

Have fun and thanks again.

Bill
Old 11-26-2017, 04:40 AM   #27

South Carolina
Quote:
BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry

Also, that link helped a lot understanding the system.

And Dutchman said I had a Lippert system ughhhhh.

Thanks
Again
Bill
Old 12-31-2017, 07:05 PM   #28

Michigan
Quote:
Did you find your controller yet? I can think of 2 places - the first would be the ceiling if the pass through compartment and the second would be under the sink. Sometimes they would add panel to access the board. When you find it press the small button next to the led lights on the board 6 times and on the 7th hold the button until both red and green leds flash back and forth. Run the room all the way out and all the way in hold the button for a 3 count once it is closed. Now wait for the lights to quit flashing and you have just done a full rest to the board. Sometimes the hall effect will get "confused" with low voltage and such so you may have to a hard reset on the board.

Revere411 - I have 1 2014 Voltage 3950. For four seasons, no issues with slides except for a motor short light on the living room slide, but it has always worked flawlessly. Late this season, the galley slide starting acting up. On trying to slide out, the rear of the slide would stop moving under it's own power. I have to push it out manually while holding the button and it will finally "catch" and go out. Retracting is exactly the opposite. The front will not come in on it's own unless I push the slide while holding the button until it "catches" and retracts all the way. Any suggestions? It is the Schwintek system.

Thanks!
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:22 PM   #29

Alabama
Quote:
Revere411 - I have 1 2014 Voltage 3950. For four seasons, no issues with slides except for a motor short light on the living room slide, but it has always worked flawlessly. Late this season, the galley slide starting acting up. On trying to slide out, the rear of the slide would stop moving under it's own power. I have to push it out manually while holding the button and it will finally "catch" and go out. Retracting is exactly the opposite. The front will not come in on it's own unless I push the slide while holding the button until it "catches" and retracts all the way. Any suggestions? It is the Schwintek system.

Thanks!
Find the controller for that slide, it is probably in the pass through storage mountes the the ceiling of the compartment. Press the reset button, inside of the opening to the board, seven times holding it on the 7th press. The red and green LED lights will start flashing. Run the room all the way out and all the way in holding the button briefly making sure that the slide is completely closed. Now let the lights quit flashing. Run the room as normal. If it is still hanging up then you have other issues. I'll post up Lippert's troubleshooting link in a little bit.

If the motor is shorting it is either the tiny little harness connected tot the hall effect board on the top of the motor or the top of the column is not sealed properly and it is getting wet and rusty.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:25 PM   #30

Alabama
https://www.lci1.com/support-in-wall[emoji768]-slide-out

Old 12-31-2017, 07:26 PM   #31

Alabama
Quote:

Here is the PDFIN_WALL_Slide_Out_Assembly_.pdf

Old 12-31-2017, 07:28 PM   #32

Alabama
Quote:

Here is one of the trouble shooting guides.
Schwintek_In_Wall_Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

Old 12-31-2017, 07:53 PM   #33

Michigan
Quote:
Find the controller for that slide, it is probably in the pass through storage mountes the the ceiling of the compartment. Press the reset button, inside of the opening to the board, seven times holding it on the 7th press. The red and green LED lights will start flashing. Run the room all the way out and all the way in holding the button briefly making sure that the slide is completely closed. Now let the lights quit flashing. Run the room as normal. If it is still hanging up then you have other issues. I'll post up Lippert's troubleshooting link in a little bit.

If the motor is shorting it is either the tiny little harness connected tot the hall effect board on the top of the motor or the top of the column is not sealed properly and it is getting wet and rusty.

Thank you! I will give this a try tomorrow. Does it matter if I use the remote or do I need to use the main panel inside for this procedure?
Old 12-31-2017, 08:10 PM   #34

Alabama
Quote:
Thank you! I will give this a try tomorrow. Does it matter if I use the remote or do I need to use the main panel inside for this procedure?
You can use the remote.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:12 PM   #35

Michigan
Quote:

Revere411 - finally got around to a warm enough day to try this - worked flawlessly. Extended and retracted the slide 6 or 8 times now and as good as new!

Thank you!
Old 03-28-2018, 11:18 PM   #36

Alabama
Quote:
Revere411 - finally got around to a warm enough day to try this - worked flawlessly. Extended and retracted the slide 6 or 8 times now and as good as new!

Thank you!
You're welcome!