Sat TV Hookup - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
Sat TV Hookup

I have a Voltage 3200 and ready to hookup the Sat. I have the Wingaurd Carryout. On the outside of the RV I only have one jack labeled Sat or Cable. On the inside there is a jumper cable which I was told hooks the outside to all of the TV's inside. If that is true which jack is the one coming in from the outside? I was also told hook a cable to the outside jack then the box to the inside jack. They told me I could watch the same station on all tv's that way. Not sure this is true. Has anyone hooked up the Sat?

Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #2

I just went through this at my last campsite. They provided the antenna and I supplied the box or could just rent theirs. I hooked it to the outside but could not get the satellite to feed the 4 tv's in the camper only the one main tv. It seemed when I tried to feed it through the winegard amp it killed the signal. The amp is on the split-able side of the signal yet it would not allow enough signal to pass through. I never figured it out but did have tv in the main room

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:40 AM   #3

Ontario
Not sure if all 4 tv's are actually connected together by coax (off of the main), or if so if its shared signal would even be strong enough to service all 4.

Regardless, to take advantage of their HD picture capability, and allow 4 tv’s to watch 2 separate shows (I’ve paired them 2 by 2), here’s what I* added…

A second coax input (at the outside service bay) which runs under trailer belly and terminates at the garage tv area. Including the one standard run to the main tv area, that’s 2 total. I get programming via a portable HD satellite dish; I place it ground level on a tripod stand wherever I camp (piece of cake). I run 2 coax cables for 2 program feeds from the dish to the RV (@service bay).

Pair 1: At main tv area, connect coax to HD receiver. HDMI out of receiver to an HDMI splitter; one HDMI goes to main tv, the other to bedroom tv. (Yes, HDMI cables had to be run through ceiling and walls – they don’t come standard). The 2 tv’s may only watch the same show, but I can change the channel from either the main area or the bedroom. Either one or both tv’s can be on at same time.

Pair 2: At garage area, connect coax to a second HD receiver. HDMI out of receiver to an HDMI splitter; one HDMI goes to the garage tv, the other to the exterior tv. (Again, HDMI cables had to be run to each tv). The 2 tv’s may only watch the same show. Either one or both tv’s can be on at same time.

Note re sound in main area: HDMI carries audio and video on same cable. With HDMI in to main tv, optical cable out of tv and in to built-in entertainment system (wired up standard in my 2012 3905) will allow you to get sound via surround sound system in main area.

*I paid my dealer to do this cabling work at purchase (I just spec’d it out)

Hope all that was fairly clear and helpful.
2010 Yamaha YZ125
mikesnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #4

Illinois
Mike, that was helpful.

Thanks
2008 Outlaw 525s 2001 KTM 200 MXC 2007 CC Precedent
ewittersheim is offline   Reply With Quote