Samsung residential fridge and switching over to 12volt from 110 volt - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2022, 01:33 AM   #1

South Dakota
Samsung residential fridge and switching over to 12volt from 110 volt

Hello, I need to find out where the inverter is located on a 2022 dutchmen yukon 320rl. My samsung residential fridge is not switching over to 12volt when it is not on shore power. I need help! Had to leave a Harvest Host location and find a campground so I did not loose my stuff in the fridge! The dealership is a joke and have no idea about anything. I am the owner of a one problem after another with this rv!
So anyway I don't think I am missing anything. I do have knowledge of how things work but this fridge is a problem or should I say the inverter where ever it is located and if it is even on!

Gabbyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 03:05 AM   #2

Wyoming
Ok, just so we’re all on the same page… you use the term “residential fridge”. If that’s what you really mean, a residential fridge will not run on 12 volt power.

A residential fridge is just that… meant for residential use with AC power, and will not operate on 12v DC power. Ergo, when you disconnect from shore power, it will not work unless you also have a generator to provide AC power. This is why RVs do not usually come with residential refrigerators… but rather with units that are made for RV use.

You also say you keep having “one problem after another on this rv”… and the reason why may be one you stated yourself: you “have no idea about anything”.

So may I suggest you get an idea. Educate yourself with books… YouTube videos… etc. Here are a couple of suggestions to get you started. It’s what I had to do when I first began.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C9664757-9979-4877-B8A7-EFBFFE9DF2CF.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	7345

Click image for larger version

Name:	A322E321-5F8E-4F39-A404-6AD2C76A5B32.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	7346

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 11:39 AM   #3

Florida
You have a pretty nice rv. The inverter will be downstairs. Follow the noise when you are disconnected from shore power and the lights are on, the inverter fan will be running. It’s usually not far from where you plug in. tom’s probably correct in the fact that your fridge is meant for 110 volts and not 12 volts. Dutchmen has a website with the owner’s manuals in the owner’s section.

https://www.bluedogrv.com/product/ne...20rl-1630154-5

Good luck and we are here to help!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 05:53 PM   #4

Wisconsin
According to specifications, you have a residential GE refrigerator and an inverter to run it from 12 volt batteries when shore power or generator power is not available.

Since you know you have a Samsung refrigerator, that tells you what Dutchmen specifications are worth.

You should have received an owner's manual when you bought the 5th.
https://www.dutchmen.com/resources/m...22_7-16-21.pdf
The problem is Keystone/Dutchmen/Kodiak manuals are useless. It is too late for you to buy a better brand.

You should also have received a stack of appliance manuals when you bought your 5th. In that stack there may be an "inverter" manual. Most inverters will have a remote "on/off" switch or panel. The manual may show you what it looks like.

I would need make and model of the inverter to look up the manual on-line for you. Large inverters are usually located near the battery bank, but not in the same compartment. Small inverters like you probably have for the refrigerator may be located near the refrigerator.

The inverter may be combined with the battery charger/converter. Check the charger/converter manual for combined inverter.

If necessary, take pictures of electrical controls and equipment. Include pictures of battery bay and other bays that include electrical devices.
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 09:36 PM   #5

South Dakota
Thanks for the kind words. I do have knowledge of rv mechanical issues and have been an owner of several rvs in the past. When I contacted the dealership is when I found out that they had several inverters stolen and my rv was one of them, they never replaced it so now another issue, I will never by or recommend the dealer ever! Terrible service and misleading customers is what I find out after the sale!!
Old 03-27-2022, 12:37 PM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbyoldman View Post
Thanks for the kind words. I do have knowledge of rv mechanical issues and have been an owner of several rvs in the past. When I contacted the dealership is when I found out that they had several inverters stolen and my rv was one of them, they never replaced it so now another issue, I will never by or recommend the dealer ever! Terrible service and misleading customers is what I find out after the sale!!
Tell us who the dealer was! Many dealers have bad reputations with us. CW ?
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 02:47 PM   #7

South Dakota
The Dealer was Explore USA in Seguin, TX.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:43 AM   #8

California
The fact they let an RV leave the lot with a missing inverter is criminal. They should have noticed during the PDI even if you didn’t. I would insist they order in the part and contact you when it is I stock and ready to be installed. It should be a quick install and maybe they can do it while you wait so you don’t have to make two trips.

Good luck.