Remove tv in bedroom, infinity 3750FL - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #1

Michigan
Remove tv in bedroom, infinity 3750FL

So fellow fellow campers, lovers of things on two, 4, or 6 wheels. I would like to add a surround sound to the bedroom tele but cant figure out how to remove the tv. I have pulled, shoved, jerked pryed and tryed every which way to remove it but alas no such luck.

any of yous guys got any ideas?

GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:12 AM   #2

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENYEARS View Post
So fellow fellow campers, lovers of things on two, 4, or 6 wheels. I would like to add a surround sound to the bedroom tele but cant figure out how to remove the tv. I have pulled, shoved, jerked pryed and tryed every which way to remove it but alas no such luck.

any of yous guys got any ideas?

I've already had that problem and almost busted mine off the wall trying to get it loose. Right of center and about 5" from the bottom there is a lever that needs to be depressed. It moves toward the back of the set and not the wall. Come in from the right side with a butter knife, ruler or something similar and try and depress the lever. The set will release from the bottom and then lift off. Once you have it out you will see how it works. I'm going to add an extension to the lever to make it easier it remove. Just another well engineered component of the 3750FL.

Good luck
Jeff

sawpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #3

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawpilot View Post
I've already had that problem and almost busted mine off the wall trying to get it loose. Right of center and about 5" from the bottom there is a lever that needs to be depressed. It moves toward the back of the set and not the wall. Come in from the right side with a butter knife, ruler or something similar and try and depress the lever. The set will release from the bottom and then lift off. Once you have it out you will see how it works. I'm going to add an extension to the lever to make it easier it remove. Just another well engineered component of the 3750FL.

Good luck
Jeff
Thank you Jeff, I will give that a try in a few minutes. I may even take a picture of what I find and how I make it easier to remove. Thanks again.

Rick
Old 10-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #4

the Voltages also have the same type lever. I can just wiggle my fat hand behind the tv and depress the lever. The TV will lift right off. Its the same set up in my Garage bay. Its tight and if your wife has smaller hands she might get behind the TV better.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #5

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
the Voltages also have the same type lever. I can just wiggle my fat hand behind the tv and depress the lever. The TV will lift right off. Its the same set up in my Garage bay. Its tight and if your wife has smaller hands she might get behind the TV better.
She has bigger hands than I do! Owwwwwww, I am only joking dear. The frying pan hurts in the morning!

I may have to get one of the grand kids to do it. I figured that was the case. Thanks again.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #6

Oklahoma
But the 3800 Voltage has a handy dandy hand hole in the shelf so you can wiggle your fatty up there easier than doing it from behind.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #7

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
But the 3800 Voltage has a handy dandy hand hole in the shelf so you can wiggle your fatty up there easier than doing it from behind.
That's an idea, the hole. I have a chain saw. Hmmmm.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #8

Washington
Here is what I have done. The first picture shows a small cable that I swedged to the lever. It hangs down so you can reach it under the TV. When you pull it depresses the lever and lets you remove the TV. After I got it done I thought, you know a fishing leader would do the same thing and be a lot easier! Sometimes you have to do it the hard way. The second picture just shows a couple zip (electrical) ties going through the back grill and holding the power cord in place. I think the power cord could easily come loose bouncing down the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131003_171638_812.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	682   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131003_171718_962.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	683  

sawpilot is offline   Reply With Quote