problems in Northshore Travel Trailer - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2022, 09:35 PM   #1

New Mexico
problems in Northshore Travel Trailer

My converter needs to be replaced and I am unsure as to where it is located. There is no mention of it in the owners' manual. Does anyone know where is is located? Also, could I charge my batteries with a battery charger just to run the fridge till I can have a new converter installed. Oh, also, I have tried to run it on gas but it doesn't work so that's not an option. Thanks.

Dcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 01:04 PM   #2

Florida
Your “converter” is probably located close to or behind the load center. There is a very good possibility that it is fused with a 30 amp slo-blow fuse directly on the unit itself. Also, get yourself an amp meter and check for actual power coming to the unit. As you turn more lights on, you can usually hear a fan running, that’s the inverter trying to maintain its cool….

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 03:36 PM   #3

Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcan View Post
My converter needs to be replaced and I am unsure as to where it is located. There is no mention of it in the owners' manual. Does anyone know where is is located? Also, could I charge my batteries with a battery charger just to run the fridge till I can have a new converter installed. Oh, also, I have tried to run it on gas but it doesn't work so that's not an option. Thanks.
On the 2 campers I have owned, the converter is integrated into the main power center where the 12V DC side fuses are along with the 120V AC circuit breakers. While it is part of the kit, the converter portion is replaceable.

Using a standalone charger in the meantime should be just fine.

Your fridge probably needs 12V DC power to operate on propane as well in order to provide power to its control panel. So if you are dealing with no 12V power due to the converter issue, then that is why the fridge is not working on propane.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:25 PM   #4

New Mexico
Thank you!
Old 08-13-2022, 07:28 PM   #5

New Mexico
Thank You.