Need Dimmer switch - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2018, 10:25 PM   #1

Texas
Need Dimmer switch

2008 Grand Junction. I have a bad dimmer switch. I can't find a replacement for it anywhere. It has 4 wires, 2 in and 2 out.

To confuse me further, while disconnecting the wires I also shut off the AC. I'm not sure why the power and ground to my AC would be wired through the switch but well, they are.

Penny220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:04 AM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny220 View Post
2008 Grand Junction. I have a bad dimmer switch. I can't find a replacement for it anywhere. It has 4 wires, 2 in and 2 out.

To confuse me further, while disconnecting the wires I also shut off the AC. I'm not sure why the power and ground to my AC would be wired through the switch but well, they are.
Picture if you can get one would help... They probably ran the power line through that switch (but not dimming). Are you lamps LED?

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:18 AM   #3

New York
That's a slight bit confusing, pictures would definitely help, I can't imagine them wiring the AC into the dimmer switch? I do agree they might use the same power source, but they shouldn't have run the AC power through the switch. I have seen some goofy stuff in campers due to the Friday or Monday curse.
mictin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #4

Texas
DC in

Red to white/purple
to white

Black to white
to white

DC out

Red to Green
White to white

The white/purple and white run the AC when the white and white are together. So for some reason they are tied into the switch. A dealer finally found me the switch, $70 worth. I took the thing apart hoping to find some stamp or name so I could hunt one down. No luck but it does have a fuse in it and the fuse was blown.
Penny220 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a.c., dimmer switch, wiring.