Location of Radio Antenna on 2515RL - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2023, 06:20 PM   #1

Ohio
Post Location of Radio Antenna on 2515RL

Hello all. I am the new owner of a 2019 Coleman Light 2515RL and cannot seem to located the radio antenna. Looking to either boost the signal or add a new/different antenna all together. I have done the typical internet search but have not been able to locate any information. I was also looking for a crank to raise/lower an antenna but have not located one. I got the ladder out and looked at the top of the camper but did not see an antenna up there. Any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

aansonclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 05:32 PM   #2

Florida
Try pushing the button on your amplifier (the one that shuts it off). it controls the antenna for the radio.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 02:16 PM   #3

Arizona
I'm going to give you generic answers. These RVs can be quite frustrating.

1. As mentioned above, you have a antenna booster amplifier with a tiny switch. There is usually a tiny led light next to the switch. Usually located next to or beside the radio/TV area. Maybe inside a cabinet next to that area. Mine is hidden next to the 12volt DC plug near TV. Hard too see.

2. You should have an antenna! It may be a new Omni directional unit that looks like a mushroom.... Instead of the normal antenna that raises.

3. The radio and TV share the same antenna. So the amplifier provides gain to both units.
If you don't have a TV installed, find the antenna connection and trace that wire back until you find the junction where it joins the radio antenna. Should be a box there with a splitter.
The box should be powered...trace that back until you find the switch.

4. The only other thing that comes to mind is assuming this is a used RV, did the previous owner remove the antenna? Was there roof damage and the antenna wasn't replaced after repair?

5. I guess an RV could come without a radio and antenna. But I've never seen one.

So start the process of investigating your rig. Yes you will need to take things apart to trace wires. Just take your time, take pictures to help putting things back together.
One word of caution, my trailer radio wires were a mess! And the manufacturer used the cheapest wire connectors. Thankfully, I took pictures so when some of the wires came apart, I was able to put them back together. Very poor workmanship when built!

The upside to this work is this will help you understand how your RV is built. Believe me, any experience you get from digging into your RV will be beneficial later on!

Good luck!
People, Places & Things...for over 40 Years!
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, radio