Lights in popup won't work - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2015, 02:04 AM   #1

Tennessee
Lights in popup won't work

I've got a 1997 747 popup camper and suddenly the interior lights and outlets won't work when plugged in. The AC and fridge work though. I'm trying to find the fuse box but no luck. I bought this used 10 years ago, never had a problem til now. Any ideas?

Revjimmybyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
First place to look will be in the front of the converter box. Most of the popups I have dealt with have an all in one power center. Typically it is mounted in the front of a cabinet near floor level. Brown or Black is a common color. Pop the front off and you should see the fuses. If the outlets aren't working you may have a tripped breaker, bad breaker or a GFCI has tripped. The GFCI reset may be on a plug or on a breaker.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:53 AM   #3

Nova Scotia
It's not a fuse. I had a 12 ft and had the same issue. My brother had it too and told me to check for a pinched wire on one of the corner supports. If you look while its up you'll find the one corner that has all the wires that supply the roof. It's been a while but it was obvious. Either wiggle them or there was a separation. Or I may have only had to put it up and down a few times and all was well again. Be patient ,, if it's the ceiling that lost power it's one of these things.
Best of luck,,,!
caper_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
Another possibility might be a roof switch. I know Coleman had a switch that cut power to the lights when the roof came down to keep from starting a fire when the canvas was pushed in. They would go bad occasionally. Ours was under the swing up kitchen. I don't know if Dutchmen used one or not.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, need help