LCI remote - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #1

LCI remote

Our LCI remote suddenly stopped working, recently replaced its battery, used it, everything OK. On this trip tried to remotely control the awning, jacks, and room slide to no avail. Its like the remote has lost communications to the receiver. All the jacks, awning room slide work fine manually(electric switch) but I like the use of the remote. Questions, where is the receiver on my 2011 Dutchman Denali 296 RLX fifth wheel and how does one trouble shoot the transmitter and receiver? Thanks, Dave

DavidPLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #2

Texas
Dave,

Try the Lippert website under Customer Service FAQ's for tipsheets (lipsheets) on their products...

http://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0205.pdf

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:37 AM   #3

New Mexico
At least your came with the trailer, ours went missing from the factory to pickup. Good luck with a new one.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:50 PM   #4

Thanks for comments, found the remote control receiver box, located on forward right wall next to the battery. Found out second LCI battery was bad and replaced it. Every thing seems to be working except now trouble shooting the battery and charging system, should know tomorrow if the main battery is good or bad or the problem in in the converter/charging system. Battery was not maintain 12volts even while plugged into camp power. Starting to know more about this camper than I really want to know. Just got back from a short run, 150 miles to the Treasure coast and experienced our second blow out, first blow out was also on a short trip, tore the wheel fairing off.
DavidPLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:13 PM   #5

North Dakota
Just realized that I have a remote on our 2011 Denali 311BH - bought it used with no direction on anything regarding a remote - put slides out with the regualr switches on the panel as well as the awning but now no power to any of them to put them back in - does this have to do with the remote? can the power be turned off to the slides and awning by the remote? may have accidently done that myself when i was trying to figure what everything contolled!
dkemmesat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:50 PM   #6

Tennessee
If the remote is activated, the power to the switches is removed. At least that is the way most of them are supposed to work. This is a safety feature in case you are using the remote and someone else pushes a button at the same time causing a short circuit condition.
2012 EZ-GO 2FIVE LSV 2014 Gem E4 LSV
3wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:53 PM   #7

North Dakota
Ok that makes sense - thanks a lot!
dkemmesat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:21 AM   #8

Colorado
I had to replace my remote on my 2014 331RLSL and the hardest part of the programing of the new one turned out to be locating the receiver. It turned out to be under a counter where the hot water heater and water pump are located. The programing instructions are on their website, but I called the tech support number and they e-mailed me instructions after determining which model I had. The receiver is a circuit board and has a little wire similar to the wire on your garage door motor. After you choose the items you want to control, there's a little button on the receiver board that allows you to sync remote and receiver. Good luck.

Dave
DaveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:53 PM   #9

Colorado
LCI Remote Battery

We just picked up our "new to us" 2013 Voltage 3950. Had the walk thru but am now trying to re educate myself on all the various components 400 miles from the selling dealer. I've got most everything working except the 8 function remote which will not accept a charge. Has anyone tried to open the case and replace the battery? The screws are tiny and I can't tell if they are hex head or torx. What is the battery part #?
Thanks,
Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:42 PM   #10

California
I am looking for direct replacement or updated remote for 2011 Dutchman Voltage 3900 model.
I have a remote for it, but can not porgram it.

AllianceMMA is offline   Reply With Quote