Help with satellite connection for 277RLS - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #1

Texas
Help with satellite connection for 277RLS

This is my first time on the site, I just discovered it recently when looking for information about the satellite hook-up issue. I've had my Dutchman for a year and still cannot figure out the antenna/satellite connection. It looks as though it was only wired for cable on the inside but I keep telling myself that surely I'm just missing something because when we hook the satellite up to the outside we get nothing on the TV. I've called factory and dealer with no luck.

oldtimer4z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #2

Oklahoma
I would connect the satellite system directly to the TV. You'll need to scan the TV for cable channels.

Once you've determined the TV and sat system are happy you can then proceed to find the correct point in your rig to connect the sat system.

It will be helpful for the rest of us to assist you if we know which Dutchman rig you have.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #3

I can only go by mine and others not knowing what kind of unit or set up u have. Basically most newer Dutchmen have a Sat/cable input on the outside. The coax winds its way inside to a loop. Then it goes to the Wingard TV amp which looks like a cigarette lighter plug. From there the signal is distributed to the TV's.
With all that said go back to the loop and disconnect it and put in place your satellite receiver box. You may have to figure out by trial and error which on the two connections is the input from outside and which is the feeder to the inside. Never the less hook it up (50 50 shot of getting it right the first time). Now turn on the main TV and make sure it is set to AIR in the set up menu not CABLE. Then make sure the Wingard TV amp button is pressed and the small LED light next to the very small button is not lit. Turn your TV to channel 3 and hopefully you will have TV. If not reverse the loop wires.
If no TV revert back to what Sundancer said... Its all in the hook up and turning off the TV Amp.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Yep, TanMan is correct about not having to scan the cable channels, that's for another time and another quest.

One thing though, besides putting the TV on channel 3 you may have to use channel 4. Of course that depends on the satellite receiver setting.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote