Firman 3300i inverter generator reviews? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2018, 04:13 PM   #1

British Columbia
Smile Firman 3300i inverter generator reviews?

Hey all, I currently have a Champion 3500 watt open case generator. It works great but its as loud as a herd of buffalo running through a mall. I'm looking at the Firman 3300i inverter gen and it seems to have great reviews online and has a North American service center out of Arizona, we are in BC Canada. Anyone have personal experience with these units? I know it has enough juice to run my A.C. etc and that's all we really need. Price on these through Costco are 749$ Canadian which is $250 Less than the comparable champion. Both have been tested alot online with videos etc and both rated at 58db which is perfectly fine for us for provincial campgrounds. Thanks for any extra input 👍👍

Aspen2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:00 AM   #2

British Columbia
No replies on here but we bought it and it arrived. Heads up to anyone else looking at these. This unit has the same build quality as many other generators I have seen that have 2-3x the price tag. I added the oil, fuel and 2nd pull it fired up. At 15' away on normal mode with a large deep freeze plugged in for some load on it the decibels were 66db and on eco mode they were 58db. Then tried it 2' away with no load on regular mode it was 58db as stated on box and 52/53db on eco mode with my db meter. It starts 1st pull each time, has a digital meter for hrs, volts etc. It has a 30 amp plug, as well as two reg receptacles and a usb plug in. Very solid build and seems top quality, the motor just purrs, time will tell but other reviews were 5* and I'm hoping mine is the same after this camping season. Model is Firman W03081, 3300 surge with 3000 running watts. We did add multiple loads at once with high watt leaf blower etc and the unit barely changed rpm and also ran everything easily on eco mode

Old 03-04-2018, 10:20 AM   #3

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspen2017 View Post
No replies on here but we bought it and it arrived. Heads up to anyone else looking at these. This unit has the same build quality as many other generators I have seen that have 2-3x the price tag. I added the oil, fuel and 2nd pull it fired up. At 15' away on normal mode with a large deep freeze plugged in for some load on it the decibels were 66db and on eco mode they were 58db. Then tried it 2' away with no load on regular mode it was 58db as stated on box and 52/53db on eco mode with my db meter. It starts 1st pull each time, has a digital meter for hrs, volts etc. It has a 30 amp plug, as well as two reg receptacles and a usb plug in. Very solid build and seems top quality, the motor just purrs, time will tell but other reviews were 5* and I'm hoping mine is the same after this camping season. Model is Firman W03081, 3300 surge with 3000 running watts. We did add multiple loads at once with high watt leaf blower etc and the unit barely changed rpm and also ran everything easily on eco mode
Walmart has them on sale and they offer a 3 and 5 year warranty.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Firman-Po...&wl13=&veh=sem
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:30 PM   #4

British Columbia
Yes Wal-Mart Canada didn't have them on sale here. Their reg price was $949 cdn and Costco had it on reg price for $749 so we went that route.
Old 03-25-2018, 04:39 PM   #5

Ontario
Thanks for the review Aspen. After researching the Firman 3300i and the many reviews I was still holding off on buying one, but after reading your review (I trust the people on this forum) I dropped the hammer and ordered one from Costco.ca. You can't beat the price because it includes the shipping in the $749 plus tax price.
Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:23 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adair1965 View Post
Thanks for the review Aspen. After researching the Firman 3300i and the many reviews I was still holding off on buying one, but after reading your review (I trust the people on this forum) I dropped the hammer and ordered one from Costco.ca. You can't beat the price because it includes the shipping in the $749 plus tax price.
Awesome! Keep the forum updated with your reviews on it
Old 03-25-2018, 07:17 PM   #7

Ontario
As soon as I get it I'll post one here.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:25 PM   #8

Ontario
Costco.ca had my new Firman 3300i inverter on my doorstep two days after ordering it. I’m going to do the 5 hour break in period today then will head to the trailer on Saturday to see how it works powering it. I’ll keep everyone posted.

Tags
firman, generator, inverter