Direct TV Setup Voltage V3200 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
Direct TV Setup Voltage V3200

I have the Carryout which I use with Direct TV. Tried setting it up this weekend with some success. I have an HDMI cable on the mainand outside TV. The outside HDMI goes directly to a sat box and works fine. The main TV I ran the coax from the Carryout to the one jack (Satellite/Cable on the RV. Removed the bottom jumper cable in the control panel and placed a coax between that jack and the sat box, hooked up the HDMI cable to the sat box and would not get a signal from satellite. I then reversed the jumper cable scenario and still no sat signal. Just to make sure I ddin't have a problem with the HDMI or sat box I brought the coax directly in the RV and hooked it up to the sat box. TV worked great. When I run cable at a campsite it works fine. Any thoughts on where the problem might be? It certainly seems like somthing is not allowing the sat signal through or my thoughts on the jumper cable are wrong.

Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #2

Im a little confused with all the cable running but let me give you a couple things to look at.
I to am a proud pappa of a 3200 voltage. I could not get sat the feed thru the system. Some people said you cannot do that with satellite tv it had to be a direct run and the winegard amp would not pass the signal blah blah.
I began by changing all the cable ends throughout the entire system. Immediately everything began working from my outside hookup to all 4 tv's. I found out the factory crimps their cable ends with el cheapo connectors and at best signal loss is horrible. I also changed out all the ten cent splitters with high quality splitters.. I used all local cable compression cable ends and high quality splitters. My picture is perfect on all 4 tv's.
Also make sure the tv amp in the control center is off. Push the button and the light will extinguish. ( I think thats right or im having a senior moment.)
If your using HDMI on the TV that may be the problem. Some TV's you have to turn on the HDMI in the menu setup as the input. I had to do that with my home tv.
Good luck and It can be done. First get rid of the crappy cable connectors and splitters.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Chapter Director

Ohio
Tasman,, thanks for the response. I did have hdmi turned on and the booster off, but that would not surprise me at all regarding the connectors. My stupid question is we're are all of these splitters. I understand all of the jacks, but are they in the basement somewhere?
Findlay, Oh.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:27 AM   #4

you will find one splitter behind the control panel that houses all the switches for the lights slides etc. You will find another behind the radio in the toy bay.
If you dont have to tools I suppose u could find a local cable guy and slip him a few bucks to change out your fittings and splitters.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #5

Colorado
I just purchased a 2013 3200 Voltage and Tanman is correct--the larger 4 way splitter is behind the main control panel. I pulled it out and replaced it with the new DirecTV SWM 2GHz model (cheap installed Chinese-made splitters rated lower will not work with SWM). I also cut and replaced all of the cable connectors and added the Winegard SWM antenna to the roof.

Unfortunately, the new DirecTV H25 receiver doesn't have an RG6 output to allow me to pipe output to all 4 TVs. Additional receivers at each TV will work independently but I can't convince myself it's worth the extra monthly fees. I'm currently running HDMI from the receiver to the main TV.

I've been unable to get the radio out of the garage bay to replace the two-way splitter. The radio bay is sealed all the way around around and after removing the faceplate, I couldn't figure out how to remove it without damaging something. Assumption is the metal housing has compression clips that snap out behind the cabinet? Anyone know the trick to removing that?
Attached Images

Diggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #6

Oklahoma
You may find the removal tools for the radio in the bag with the radio doucmentation. That's where I found mine.

They look like this for the SONY radio/DVD player.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0289.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	555  
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #7

Colorado
Hmmm, thanks sundancer. I don't remember seeing these anywhere. I'd exhausted all reasonable methods to remove it so figured there must be a trick.

Appreciate the quick response--I'll have to dig through everything again.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #8

Oklahoma
If you find them the hook or tab goes inward on both sides. You'll need them in the event the fuse blows since it's behind the radio and removal is necessary to replace the fuse.
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #9

any radio installation shop will have dozens of the clips.. You do have to have them to avoid damaging the radio or the cage it sits within. I also found mine in the bag with the instruction manual of the radio. Slide the thin metal removal tools into the slots on each side of the radio after removing the snap on bezel on the front of the radio.. slide the metal tools in and slide out the radio.. very simple.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:49 AM   #10

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggio View Post
I just purchased a 2013 3200 Voltage and Tanman is correct--the larger 4 way splitter is behind the main control panel. I pulled it out and replaced it with the new DirecTV SWM 2GHz model (cheap installed Chinese-made splitters rated lower will not work with SWM). I also cut and replaced all of the cable connectors and added the Winegard SWM antenna to the roof.

Unfortunately, the new DirecTV H25 receiver doesn't have an RG6 output to allow me to pipe output to all 4 TVs. Additional receivers at each TV will work independently but I can't convince myself it's worth the extra monthly fees. I'm currently running HDMI from the receiver to the main TV.

I've been unable to get the radio out of the garage bay to replace the two-way splitter. The radio bay is sealed all the way around around and after removing the faceplate, I couldn't figure out how to remove it without damaging something. Assumption is the metal housing has compression clips that snap out behind the cabinet? Anyone know the trick to removing that?
How did you get to the back of the galley TV I would like to use a HDMI connection behind my TV. I can not get my hand under TV to feel for a lock mechanism HELP
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #11

Kansas
Not sure but I think you lift straight up on the TV and it will disengage from the mounting bracket. That is how my outside TV came out. Cheep cable came disconnected, so I fumbled till I got it.
cuboatn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #12
Chapter Director

Ohio
Is this the number of the splitter you installed. Directv SPLIT4MRV Directv- Mrv Swm 4 Way Splitter 2-2150 Mhz 1 Port Power Passing Weather Se- Split4Mrv
4-way Wide Band Satellite Splitter
Findlay, Oh.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #13

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightydo View Post
How did you get to the back of the galley TV I would like to use a HDMI connection behind my TV. I can not get my hand under TV to feel for a lock mechanism HELP
If you have the TV up in the corner with the speaker bar above it (like mine), you simply take out the two screws on either end of the speaker bar and move it out of the way. You then simply lift up on the TV and it slides up and out of the aluminum bracket. There are 4 posts screwed to the back of the TV that slide down into slots in the bracket and it's a good idea to check them--mine were all loose.

The HDMI connections are on the right side of the TV about half way up.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #14

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonervn View Post
Is this the number of the splitter you installed. Directv SPLIT4MRV Directv- Mrv Swm 4 Way Splitter 2-2150 Mhz 1 Port Power Passing Weather Se- Split4Mrv
4-way Wide Band Satellite Splitter
Mine was labeled DirecTV MSPLIT4R1-03 Approved WNC 4-Way Wide Band SWM MRV Splitter but the one you reference should be fine as well and appears to be the same thing. You need the 2150 MHz and power port if you are running the newer HD SWM dish. Appears to just be slightly different labeling.

I just spent a weekend out in boondock Wyoming where you couldn't get a cell phone signal but the HD DirecTV picture was perfect!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #15

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
If you find them the hook or tab goes inward on both sides. You'll need them in the event the fuse blows since it's behind the radio and removal is necessary to replace the fuse.
Just following up to let you know I did find the radio tools in the radio bag--they were smaller than I expected so I never noticed them before.

I was able to get the radio out and swap out the splitter and replace the RG6 ends on all of the cables. That is a real mess of wires behind there and it takes some patience to get everything out to access it and then put it all back in place.

One of the crimped-on cable ends pulled right off while I was unscrewing the old splitter--it's no wonder people have problems with these cable connections.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:49 AM   #16

Nevada
Quote:
Just following up to let you know I did find the radio tools in the radio bag--they were smaller than I expected so I never noticed them before.

I was able to get the radio out and swap out the splitter and replace the RG6 ends on all of the cables. That is a real mess of wires behind there and it takes some patience to get everything out to access it and then put it all back in place.

One of the crimped-on cable ends pulled right off while I was unscrewing the old splitter--it's no wonder people have problems with these cable connections.
Quote:
If you have the TV up in the corner with the speaker bar above it (like mine), you simply take out the two screws on either end of the speaker bar and move it out of the way. You then simply lift up on the TV and it slides up and out of the aluminum bracket. There are 4 posts screwed to the back of the TV that slide down into slots in the bracket and it's a good idea to check them--mine were all loose.

The HDMI connections are on the right side of the TV about half way up.
Quote:
Mine was labeled DirecTV MSPLIT4R1-03 Approved WNC 4-Way Wide Band SWM MRV Splitter but the one you reference should be fine as well and appears to be the same thing. You need the 2150 MHz and power port if you are running the newer HD SWM dish. Appears to just be slightly different labeling.

I just spent a weekend out in boondock Wyoming where you couldn't get a cell phone signal but the HD DirecTV picture was perfect!
Thank you.
yes all my F connectors look like they were done with a RG 59 crimp on an RG6.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #17

Nevada
This may help find a splitter
Directv SWM SL5S Lnb Kit With Power and Splitter [SL5SLNBKIT] - $89.99 : The Satellite Shop, Satellite Dish Equipment - TV Programming