I madeit down to my 2005 Colorado 5th wheel Saturday morning right after a big thunderstorm. I noticed my a/c would not come on and the microwave would not work. The breaker to my converter was tripped and when trying to reset it the breaker would immdeiatley trip again. I took the wire for the converter off the breaker and the breaker stays on. Does this mean the converter is fried? I know the a/c needs the 12 volts for the thermostat and all. My battery was weak so I bought a new one and hooked it up without the converter hooked up and the a/c then works.
Could be a power surge from lightening took out your converter. You did not mention if your microwave now works but really, it has nothing to do with your converter. A power surge however would fry the microwave circuit board as well.
Almost everything is run through your converter. The only true 110v appliances are hvac, microwave, and water heater. Everything else is 12v converted through your converter. My converter went out last week while on vacation. Lucky had a battery charger to charge my batteries to retract my awnings, slides and landing gear.