Battery not charging - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #1

North Carolina
Battery not charging

Purchased a 2021 Coleman LT 262BH this past summer. New battery then, used the TT 4 times without issue. Power is connected and the microwave is working along with TV's and outlets. Nothing else. The battery volts read 2.6. Wondering why the battery is not charging. Checked the fuses and the breakers. All are good. Not sure where else to look.

dmac73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:48 PM   #2

California
With that voltage I think the battery is totally dead. Take it to costo or other auto parts store and have them check it. I use two deep cycle for my trailer. From memory think they group 24 interstate.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:24 PM   #3

Connecticut
A 12 volt battery should never be discharged below 10.5 volts. If it is reading that low (2.6 volts) with the 120 volt power than possible it is presenting such a heavy load that the charger converter can't bring it back up to 13 volts since you say all the fuses and breakers are okay. Disconnect the negative battery lead and the 12 volt system should come back up to about 13 or 14 volts. Re check all the fuses and breakers.
kimbo@alum.mit.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:55 PM   #4

Montana
A camper not in use (storage) should have battery completely disconnected or small parasitic draws will discharge the battery. Once deeply discharged, it is toast. Camper may have a battery disconnect installed for this purpose. If not, you should disconnect battery manually by removing connection at battery posts.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:52 PM   #5

Wisconsin
I wrote a detailed explanation for how to troubleshoot your issue. It took me an hour or so. By the time I posted it, Dutchmen Owners had logged me off and the post was lost.

Please logon to iRV2.com and post your issue. I and others will help you there. There are may more experts posting on that forum. You may be able to use your same user ID and password to logon.
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:25 AM   #6

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac73 View Post
Purchased a 2021 Coleman LT 262BH this past summer. New battery then, used the TT 4 times without issue. Power is connected and the microwave is working along with TV's and outlets. Nothing else. The battery volts read 2.6. Wondering why the battery is not charging. Checked the fuses and the breakers. All are good. Not sure where else to look.
During the 4 times used, did you see the battery had a full charge? If so, check the in-line fuse near the battery. If not, and they were short trips, perhaps the charger was not connected correctly at the factory, or faulty. See the dealership; this is under warranty.

Tech2622013@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, charging batteries