Keystone/Dutchman "Bad customer service" - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Lifestyle | Camping, Fun & Hobbies > General Off-Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2016, 08:24 PM   #1

Colorado
Keystone/Dutchman "Bad customer service"

I wanted to share my experience with buying our 2014 221rbslKodiak travel trailer and all the warranty issues had to face.
On 7-24-14 we bought our trailer from Windish RV in Golden,CO Before signing the paperwork we weretaken to the trailer to complete our walkthrough. During our walk through we noticed thepassenger sidewall had a few bubbles in it so we pointed it out to the employeethat was with us. He noted it on thewalkthrough paperwork and said this was not a big deal to fix and that weshould use the trailer because we had a factory warranty and we might findother items that needed fixed. We justneeded to bring it back before the warranty expired. So no big deal right?? WRONG… this issue alone took months to get Keystoneto correct and me having to tell the service rep that I am done dealing withthis and that I will be contacting an attorney and talking to the “Tom Martinoshow” . Over all we lost about 6 monthof usage due to our trailer being at the dealership and factory.
Long story short – We had both sidewalls replaced, the frontcap, the skylight over the shower, the inside ceiling above the bed due to thefront cap leaking, one of the cushion at the table, the carpet around the tabledue to the screws on the slide out tearing the carpet, and the radio/DVD player twice. Once I received the trailer back from thesidewalls being replaced, I had a massive leak from the fresh water fillleaking under my cabinets. Keystone hasthe worst quality, after seeing our trailer.
I was going to chalk this up to a learning experience butwhen I noticed that my other cushion was pulling apart, I called Keystone tosee what they would do since I have had so many other issues with this trailer at thestart and I lost 6 month of use, theytold me that it is out of warranty, which it was, and they replaced the firstcushion out of warranty for “good faith” since I was having so many otherwarranty issues. The funny part ofthis is the dealership wrote up the first cushion while my trailer was underwarranty, so this goes to show Keystone is not a good company that standsbehind the product nor do they keep good records.
I am so disappointed with their customer service I willnever buy a trailer from them again and I have place a label on the back of mytrailer so everyone can read that they need to call me first (my phone numberis on this label) before they buy a Keystone /Kodiak/Dutchman product.
Please note that I understand that there are inherent small issuesyou will encounter when owning a RV that will need to be fixed from time totime.
Now for the good news…My wife and I love going RVing mostweekend in Colorado. I believe I havenow worked through the issues of this trailer and even added some mods now thatit is out of warranty. Our goal is tobuy a 5th wheel once we upgrade out of the current truck we now have.
If you are thinking about buying a RV, please take the timeto fully inspect it and don’t sign any paperwork until it is 100% how you likeit.

KodiakRegret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:29 PM   #2

Colorado
Sorry you had so many problems to work through. I live about 1/2 mile from Windish. I know your story is mostly about your trailer but I have found them to be arrogant and unwilling to help whenever I have had to deal with them. They are also overwhelmed with their small service department and even told me they would not be able to service my TT as they were booked through the summer last year. I'll go to Camping World before them. Four Seasons is mostly friendly but are expensive to get anything done. If you need something done with your TT suspension go to Trailer Source over around Youngsfield and 44th. They sell TT's but they sell all kinds of trailers too. They flipped my axles and did a good job.

Dale

DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:21 PM   #3

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdhealy4 View Post
Sorry you had so many problems to work through. I live about 1/2 mile from Windish. I know your story is mostly about your trailer but I have found them to be arrogant and unwilling to help whenever I have had to deal with them. They are also overwhelmed with their small service department and even told me they would not be able to service my TT as they were booked through the summer last year. I'll go to Camping World before them. Four Seasons is mostly friendly but are expensive to get anything done. If you need something done with your TT suspension go to Trailer Source over around Youngsfield and 44th. They sell TT's but they sell all kinds of trailers too. They flipped my axles and did a good job.

Dale

thanks Dale. Your right about Windish. That was the last time I will buy something from them. Camping World up north helped with a few items and they were a lot better to deal with.
KodiakRegret is offline   Reply With Quote