Ford 6.0 Class action suit, FINALLY in court - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Lifestyle | Camping, Fun & Hobbies > General Off-Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #1

Indiana
Ford 6.0 Class action suit, FINALLY in court

The reason that I'm posting this on this forum is that I have a tow vehicle that is a 2006 6.0 diesel. I also, own a 2011 6.7 diesel that has nothing to do with this class action suit.
Finally, there is plenty of people in the same situation that I was.
We just got our notification. This class action suit appears to be involving fuel injector, EGR valve, EGR cooler, oil cooler, and/or Turbo. I've had issues with all.
I was very disgusted with they're 6.0. The truck Chassis and drive train was perfect. It was their emissions and turbo that was a virtual pain in the behind. Even under warranty, these issues created other problems, such as; exhaust problems and fuel system problems. Let alone set backs of being towed and lost time of travel.
Obviously, they knew they had a problem with the emissions. That motor only lasted 4 years and discontinued. They had the 7.3 in the 90's for many years. They went to the 6.4 until they could create their own motor with the 6.7 in 2011.
I've always said, "if they could place a Cummins diesel in the Ford chassis, they'd have a 'hell-of-a-truck'.
If you own a Ford 6.0 diesel from '03 to '07 and have not received information in the mail. Then, I would suggest contacting United States District Court, Northern District Court of Illinois.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #2

New Mexico
Interesting, I have the 6.4 in my 09. It seems to get postitive reviews for the most part so long as it isnt something too major then the cab has to come off.

Emmissions and all the cost associated with poor fuel economy and the additional problems on the motors far outweigh any of the benefits on a diesel. Its funny as they sell an export version of the 6.4 without the emmisions and it works great.

72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #3

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72mach View Post
Interesting, I have the 6.4 in my 09. It seems to get postitive reviews for the most part so long as it isnt something too major then the cab has to come off.

Emmissions and all the cost associated with poor fuel economy and the additional problems on the motors far outweigh any of the benefits on a diesel. Its funny as they sell an export version of the 6.4 without the emmisions and it works great.
This class action suit has nothing to do with the 6.4 diesel (2008-2010) or 6.7 diesel (2011 to present). As you can see I tow my Infinity coach with a 2011 Ford 6.7 Diesel. I did not let 4 years of Ford's emission ignorance (placing their heads in the sand) deter me from purchasing a newer unit with Ford's own motor and emissions.
I recently spent $3985.00 on getting my '06 Ford F-550 straightened out. They replaced the EGR cooler & EGR valve & a high pressure oil pump. Thankfully, they did not need to pull the cab.
I've spent good money even when it was under warranty. Again, let alone down time.
My point for this post, is to let people know if you're a Ford 6.0 diesel owner and you haven't been contacted then they can contact them in Illinois District Court. The Hearing is set for May 22, 2013 at 9:30AM
Thank you for your post.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 AM   #4

Washington
Ford Trucks

Sorry to hear about all the problems with the 6.0L.

I am still pulling with a heavily modified 1997 7.3 PSD with G load tires which I find adequate as long as I don't load up our Infinity. I only have 86k on the truck, no problems, and get pretty good milage if I keep my foot light. Yet, I have been watching the beasty looking 6.7s go right by me on mountain passes.

Glad the 6.7s are working out. That will probably be my next rig when I retire in about two-three years.

Mark
Dogrunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #5

Indiana
Mark,

That 7.3 was a bullet proof engine. The best motor, ever. Nobody ever complained about it. Noisy, maybe.

The 7.3, 6.0, & 6.4 Ford engines were actually manufactured by International/Navistar. The difference was the emissions. Ford placed their own Turbocharger, EGR, EGR pump, and EGR cooler on the engines.

On the 6.0 it was disgusting and just plain awful. The down time and the money spent made me angry. The cab and chassis was great. The engine was killin' me.

I've got 20,000 miles on my 2011 Ford 6.7. It's quiet and has plenty of torque. I really love the truck. I'm looking forward to just doing preventive maintainance, ie; oil changes, fuel filters, tires. I'll be a HAPPY CAMPER!!!

Ask me in two/three years how I made out.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 02-27-2013, 02:03 AM   #6

Texas
Dave,

Do you have any more information about the case? I could not find any case that was recently filed that appeared to address the Ford engine. I do have a 2006 Ford F250 with that engine and just picked up my truck Friday from the dealership after $3800 in work on the exact components you stated. Any help such as case number, involved names, or judge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
gertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #7

Indiana
To Gertman

Dave,

The hearing slated for May 22, 2013 at 9:30AM is a "Fairness Hearing".

"At the hearing, the Court will hear arguement about whether the proposed Settlement is fair, reasonable, and adequate, and whether it should be approved,"...........etc.

They list www.dieselsettlement.com , I could not find it on google.
Claims administrator: 800-600-8555
Class Councel: 800-207-9070
These are the phone numbers listed from the settlement Administrator.

I feel your pain.

Thanks for your interest,

Dave

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 03-03-2013, 02:18 AM   #8

Texas
Dave,

Thank you very much for the information.
gertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #9

North Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinityrver View Post
The reason that I'm posting this on this forum is that I have a tow vehicle that is a 2006 6.0 diesel. I also, own a 2011 6.7 diesel that has nothing to do with this class action suit.
Finally, there is plenty of people in the same situation that I was.
We just got our notification. This class action suit appears to be involving fuel injector, EGR valve, EGR cooler, oil cooler, and/or Turbo. I've had issues with all.
I was very disgusted with they're 6.0. The truck Chassis and drive train was perfect. It was their emissions and turbo that was a virtual pain in the behind. Even under warranty, these issues created other problems, such as; exhaust problems and fuel system problems. Let alone set backs of being towed and lost time of travel.
Obviously, they knew they had a problem with the emissions. That motor only lasted 4 years and discontinued. They had the 7.3 in the 90's for many years. They went to the 6.4 until they could create their own motor with the 6.7 in 2011.
I've always said, "if they could place a Cummins diesel in the Ford chassis, they'd have a 'hell-of-a-truck'.
If you own a Ford 6.0 diesel from '03 to '07 and have not received information in the mail. Then, I would suggest contacting United States District Court, Northern District Court of Illinois.
Thanks, I visited the links but really didn't spend alot of time reading over anything. Is there any kind of action that I need to take now as i've also had the same issues!
campND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #10

Indiana
CampND,

I am the original purchaser of my 2006 F-550 with a 6.0 diesel.
The papers that I recieved, in the mail, were from the the Court stated.

If you did not receive anything in the mail I would recommend contacting the number mentioned in previous discussions.

Obviously, if anything comes out of this we will be lucky. Any monetary value (money) will be paid mainly to the lawyers involved.

Anyone with the 6.0 diesel will probably get very little if anything at all.

This will boil down to merely a slap on the hand for Fords Not-so-better-idea the 6.0 diesel.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL