Zone 2 AC thermostats gone - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2021, 05:55 PM   #1

Oregon
Zone 2 AC thermostats gone

We bought our Dutchmen voltage 2013 last year. This camping trip is the first time we have needed to use the AC. We get the error code E1 in our zone 2 and 3. After researching we find we need to disconnect power, and reset the dometic thermostats. We completed this and now only zone 1 shows (our main AC). We get AC in the main living area but nothing from the garage or bedroom. We have disconnected the phone jacks, checked the units for power and everything has power. Fans are not working either on the units. Any advice?

Colvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 07:00 PM   #2

Wyoming
Try Step 2 in the instructions at the following link. Leave power off for AT LEAST 30 minutes, then see if it clears. It has for me in the past.

https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpr...r_recovery.pdf

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 07:05 PM   #3

Oregon
We have tried turning off all power a few times and it hasn’t popped back on.
Colvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:55 PM   #4

Oregon
If using my 2014 3990, the smart control panel limits what can run on what ac voltage is incoming, for example if using house 15 amp, only 1 zone at a time will actually run, if using a 50 amp rv connection or generator then all 3 ac units will work, according to lights on smart control.
Drydock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:47 PM   #5

Washington
The E1 error code means that the thermostat and the AC unit have lost connection to each other. I had this same problem. When I took the bottom of the AC cover off I found that if I wiggled wires around it would come back on. I was only touching the low voltage wires from the thermostat. I found the orange wire was not making good contact inside the wire nut. As soon as I fixed that all was well.
Denali is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, dometic, zones