Yeah the RV life - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2015, 01:32 AM   #1

Nevada
Yeah the RV life

Funny we all talk about brand, size, full time, part time, boondocking etc etc. had to bring my 5 year old grand daughter back home to reno, Nv roughly 80 miles from smith, Nevada where I live. My wife, grandson, grand daughter and Kitty the wonder border collie hooked up today and made the trip 2 hours including grocery stop. Wife delivered grand daughter with grandson in tow. Sitting here at the Sparks Marina RV park thinking how totally cool it is to travel this way. Currently enjoying home made Caesar salad enjoying a nice glass of red wine. No common hotel walls, didn't have to haul my stuff to a room, didn't have to hassle going to a restaurant just sitting here being mindful how cool this is. Doesn't hurt that the design and space of my outfit fits very well and on top of that it is especially comfortable

Really who care what year, what size, what problems, what brand this way of traveling is the bomb.

We use our rig for business, for camping and for traveling and miscellaneous stuff
How lucky we all are to enjoy this hobby, lifestyle or whatever!!! Think I'll have one more glass of wine. Cheers

Soccerloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:19 AM   #2

Virginia
I will second this! This is our 2nd year RV'ing and we love it! It's great that we are able to park where we are going and really never have to drive any where after having that glass of wine or a fine glass of Bourbon.

We forget about any issues we have had since we bought it when we actually get out to enjoy it.

Cheers to all that are fortunate enough to enjoy a life that not all get the opportunity to!

Phil
2014 Voltage 3950 Epic III
2016 Ram 3500 Diesel 4wd, Long Horn Dually long bed
Moto4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:29 AM   #3

South Carolina
Sure beats the government timing your showers at a hotel! LOL EPA Wants to Monitor How Long Hotel Guests Spend in the Shower | Washington Free Beacon
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
Sure beats the government timing your showers at a hotel! LOL EPA Wants to Monitor How Long Hotel Guests Spend in the Shower | Washington Free Beacon
Same amount of time I do at home... and after the last drought they wanted to monitor my well usage. When they sent the form around I gave them a very vulgar reply. My well, my usage. BTW the local golf course was watering their greens during the drought, when I pointed THAT out I was told they were getting it from a "private" aquifer. Pure BS they are pulling water from the same one I am, private my aunt fanny! FWIW my metered water never exceeds 1200 gallons a month for two houses.
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #5

Oklahoma
Soccerloco: You make a great point. At the end of the day... that is what its all aboout anyway. Thats the good stuff!
2000 Kawasaki Prairie 4x4
cvining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #6

California
Bill
I think you left a couple of things out about the RV life.
1 Sure is nice to have your own bed with you all the time.
2 How about your own bathroom. Many a time I sure don't know what I would have done without my own bathroom when nature calls.
3. How about going to all those out of the way places where they aren't hotels?
4. How about sitting around a campfire with other friends & family that are RVing with you. PRICELESS!
Wife & I have been doing this for 30 years now. No matter what RV we had it wasn't about the RV but about the RV life style.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Bill
2 How about your own bathroom. Many a time I sure don't know what I would have done without my own bathroom when nature calls.
My little brother calls our Voltage a "42 foot port-a-potty"
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:40 PM   #8

Nevada
Yeah the RV life

No doubt I left items out very important items mentioned above. Bed, bathroom, locations all so true. Also your own coffee the option of enjoying home cooked meals just all kinds of fun. My wife and I love the experience each and every time. Cheers!!
Old 04-13-2015, 10:14 PM   #9

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
My little brother calls our Voltage a "42 foot port-a-potty"
Nothing is quite the same as familiar porcelain!!!

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:33 PM   #10

Colorado
And we can put up the DirecTV HD dish and watch what we want and what we've recorded.

I use the dinette as my computer desk so I'm set up to work with my GPS units. Have my own network and printer in the RV.

Have 4 TVs...so can watch from just about anywhere....

And my biggest enjoyment...our Voltage Epic 3800 is set up like home...all the comforts for the two of us, without having to fold up this, or work around that...

But, I like home too! Just can't see ever going full time! Love the RV, but like to be at home where my shop is.

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:53 PM   #11

Nevada
Like home as well... No place like home. My voltage is my home on the range !!!
Old 04-14-2015, 12:44 AM   #12

Nevada
Bill:

I have been RVing since 1999, started with a Lance Truck Camper, then a 26ft Trailer, then a 32ft 5th Wheel, then to our first Toy Hauler, now a V3895…We try and get away from our home 2 or 3 times a year and a couple close trips with Family, grandkids and our 2 Labs at the lake. Wouldn't trade all the fun, places and the views over the years…and like others stated, the best restrooms, bedrooms, and yes the cooking is great….sorry bill I get 10mpg with my Chevy at 65mph LOL

Rich
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:54 AM   #13

Nevada
Just made a trip to Reno and back 11.3. Wind and terrain are always factors that drill fuel mileage. Came back from grand junction, Colorado 2 years ago. Major southwest winds 8.3 mpg. When I hauled back my voltage from salt lake when I purchased it just over 11mpg. Just never know. I agree this rv deal, which I thought I wouldn't like is great. Have a big family get together with all the grand kids etc in Lake Tahoe in July... It's the best the rv enhances the whole event !!