Window radius - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2020, 02:32 AM   #1

Texas
Window radius

Hello everyone, this past week a hail storm knocked out two of my side windows on my 2005 Dutchmen Classic. I took rough opening measurements but do not know what the corner radius is. Does anyone happen to know what it is ? The camper is located a 3 hour one way drive for me. Hoping someone could help.

Flanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:06 AM   #2

Oklahoma
In order to get the exact window you'll need the sticker information on the inside of the frame.

No telling how many changes were made in that year. Might have to make that road trip!

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:58 AM   #3

Texas
Thank you, in a last ditch effort I will be contacting Dutchmen directly with vin #. Keeping fingers crossed they will be able to help.
Tim
Old 05-20-2020, 12:16 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanman View Post
Thank you, in a last ditch effort I will be contacting Dutchmen directly with vin #. Keeping fingers crossed they will be able to help.
Tim

My money is on Dutchman telling you to contact the dealer that sold the unit. The dealer will tell you to contact the window manufacturer.

None of the three could tell you what you want to know on a 2020 unit let alone a 15 year old unit.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:09 PM   #5

Pennsylvania
I would say.... on the inside of the camper.... use two straight edges ..... one on the side and one on the bottom... and meet the edges and mark that point. ( the corner of the window 'box' with no radius) Look closely, and mark the point along the side ( or bottom) edge where the radius begins to turn away from the straight edge. Measure from that point to the "corner"point you already marked and presto!! there is the size of your radius.
T-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:12 PM   #6

Florida
maybe you can give these guys a call...

https://www.recpro.com/rv-windows/
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #7

Texas
Update on window radius

Hello everyone, thank you all for your responses. I did contact Dutchmen directly and as predicted by one of you they were of no help at all. I am very disappointed that the company that manufacturers the trailer cannot provide technical specs on them.

Unfortunately, I have to make the 3 hour one way drive to obtain the radius of the window.

Thank you all again and happy camping.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:34 PM   #8

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanman View Post
Hello everyone, thank you all for your responses. I did contact Dutchmen directly and as predicted by one of you they were of no help at all. I am very disappointed that the company that manufacturers the trailer cannot provide technical specs on them.

Unfortunately, I have to make the 3 hour one way drive to obtain the radius of the window.

Thank you all again and happy camping.

have you looked here?

Hehr International

http://www.parkin-acc.com/page27.html

www.rvwindows.com

You may be able to call them on Tuesday and discuss your issue. You may even be able to send them a picture of your RV (before the windows blew out) and they may be able to match it up from there.

Frank
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:14 PM   #9

Texas
I have not called, but definitely will on Tuesday. Thank you for the link, I will update my findings on Tuesday.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:43 AM   #10

Utah
If you go to https://www.easyrvwindows.com/measuring.html There is a printable template that you can hold up to the window and it will give you the radius.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:49 PM   #11

North Carolina
Take a variety of different plastic cup, lids, etc.. and hold them up to the corner. When you find one that matches its your diameter. Half that.
DDRdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:45 PM   #12

Florida
I realize your trailer is 3 hours away. I have a 2002 Dutchman sport and I accidentally broke the passenger side window trying to open it. I had checked with some trailer places and was advised I had to replace the whole assembly. I eventually took the whole assemble out along with a sample of the glass to an auto glass supplier. They would not have cut that glass if I did not have the sample with me to show it was not safety glass. This does not answer your question but a heads up when you go to buy the glass take a sample with you and the frame it goes in.

edwin sandel is offline   Reply With Quote