What will it take!!! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #1

Michigan
What will it take!!!

WHAT WILL IT TAKE to get our dutchmen forum off the ground and running? I must get on line two or three times a day, sometimes late at night, in the morning, afternoon, you name the time I have been there. But I am there all alone. I have lots of stuff to share as well as lots of questions to ask..Stories to share as well as problems and looking for input/advice. So come on fellow dutchmen owners, want to be owners, forum members and lurkers. If a member post. If a lurker, join so that you can post or ask questions. It is free to join but the information you get from this forum is priceless and could even be a life saver!!

Again I ask "WHAT WILL IT TAKE?" to get more folks involved?

GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #2

New York
Well rick, I'm on line right now and sorry to say you are not! Considering this is a fairly new forum, I think we have a lot of "chatter" going on!
I'd suggest that if you have a question,comment, suggestion, story, post it, see how many responses you get.

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #3

Quebec
I am also on 2 or3 times a day. I ask questions if I have them (none lately), I comment if I feel I have something useful or positive to say ... Beyond that I guess I'm just a 'lurker', but I find the forum VERY useful and interesting?
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #4

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmiles View Post
I am also on 2 or3 times a day. I ask questions if I have them (none lately), I comment if I feel I have something useful or positive to say ... Beyond that I guess I'm just a 'lurker', but I find the forum VERY useful and interesting?

Me too!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #5

Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmiles View Post
Me too! But I'm a Moderator, not a Lurker Jim! (A little Trekky talk there...)
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #6

I am here too...I always come here after listening to all the people who own Keystone products cry about lack of workmanship or customer care. It is comforting to know my Coachmen is not as crappy built as Keystone.. sorry but true..
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:54 AM   #7

Alberta
I have a brand new Kodiak 242resl that just love , taking it on a 3 week trip next week
rid415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #8

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
I am here too...I always come here after listening to all the people who own Keystone products cry about lack of workmanship or customer care. It is comforting to know my Coachmen is not as crappy built as Keystone.. sorry but true..
Alrighty then, now that is what I am talkin bout! Glad to hear from ya all. I guess I was not aware that this was a pretty new forum. "shazamm and Shame on me, shame, shame, shame!"
Old 06-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #9

Indiana
I'm thinkin' there's a lot of Dutchmen owners out in the world. Just like anything else, you have people that want to get involved and and talk on a forum. There are also, people that want nothing to do with a forum. There are people that are non-Dutchmen owners that surf through. Some say something and others just lurk.

There are other forums out there that people surf through. I'm a member of four other forums. Its all about information.

You can't make people get on a forum and talk. The ones that do, do. The one's that don't, don't. Plain and simple.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #10

California
I don't sit in front of a computer all day, I usually check in when I get the e-mail something has changed. So far my posts have produced good answers to my questions, and I have made a (virtual) acquaintance/friend, in Cooper in Kamloops who helped with my plans to go to Calgary this summer. But, I am surprised there are not more members seeking answers to the same questions I have. It seems to me group knowledge would have the best chance of coming up with an answer.
Jlew127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #11

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlew127 View Post
I don't sit in front of a computer all day, I usually check in when I get the e-mail something has changed. So far my posts have produced good answers to my questions, and I have made a (virtual) acquaintance/friend, in Cooper in Kamloops who helped with my plans to go to Calgary this summer. But, I am surprised there are not more members seeking answers to the same questions I have. It seems to me group knowledge would have the best chance of coming up with an answer.
Nor do I sit on or in front of the computer all day. (my DW thinks I do however)
I usually jump on for a bit during a break from my chores and HDL (honey do list).
And usually when I wake up in the middle of the night with the middle aged curse.

Yes I have helped several people with problems or gave ideas as well as receiving help with my own problemos.

Happy to see another poster.

IF YOU ARE A GUEST TO OUR FORUM, REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER. THE COST IS FREE! YOUR INSIGHT IS PRICELESS AS WELL AS YOUR THOUGHTS, IDEAS AND PROBLEMS YOU MIGHT HAVE. ALL ABOARD!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #12

California
I think this is a very helpful and good forum. Lots of good people with the same interest. Relaxing in our Dutchmen RV's.
Let's all keep up the good work !!
Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #13

Colorado
I too was unaware that this was a relatively new forum. It seems to be off to a good start.

One thing that I find annoying is that some of the sub-forums are arranged newest to oldest and others are oldest to newest. The latter I find particularly annoying. When I drop in I do not want to have to go thru a number of pages (potentially) to get to the newest posts. I am the member of a number of forums (Ford truck, Toyota, Arctic Cat, etc.) and they are all arranged newest to oldest.

Just my 2 cents.

I might suggest that we inform all the dealers that we deal with of the forums and ask that they promote the site.
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:29 AM   #14

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
One thing that I find annoying is that some of the sub-forums are arranged newest to oldest and others are oldest to newest.
If you look just below 'POST REPLY' BUTTON (upper left side) you should see "VIEW NEWEST POST" button.....see if that helps!
Old 06-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #15

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
If you look just below 'POST REPLY' BUTTON (upper left side) you should see "VIEW NEWEST POST" button.....see if that helps!
That does indeed do as advertised, but it does not arrange the entire forum from newest to oldest. As I said I am a member of a number of other "enthusiast" forums and they are newest to oldest. Taking the step as you suggested is just one more keystroke and as much time as I spend in front of a screen(s) between work and pleasure I am all about quick and easy with minimal effort. Call me lazy I don't mind.
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #16
Administrator

Washington
You can change your viewing preferences to see newest content at the top.

Click on user CP up on the top nav bar
Look for edit options in the left column and click
Then scroll down until you see the section for thread display options.
Select "linear - newest First" in the thread display mode section.
Scroll down and save.

This will change all content to display the latest posts at the top of your view.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #17

Wyoming
I come on as often as I can which, while I'm traveling is not as often as I like due to lack of internet. I've been happy with the growth and the numbers of posts lately!
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #18

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
You can change your viewing preferences to see newest content at the top.

Click on user CP up on the top nav bar
Look for edit options in the left column and click
Then scroll down until you see the section for thread display options.
Select "linear - newest First" in the thread display mode section.
Scroll down and save.

This will change all content to display the latest posts at the top of your view.
Thank you for this information. It was very helpful.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #19

British Columbia
Hey folks...some times I may be chimey in too much and hogging things ...and some times with colourful words and dumb comments but enjoy the forum.

Nice to share thoughts and get a better understanding about how other people camp...even when the Loonie is less than a US greenback.

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:27 AM   #20

Could be a good thing that our Dutchmen Forum is not as active as some other forums! Forums are usually the place where people go to snipe and complain about the brand they own or the negative issues they have had while using the product for which the forum is named. I thought we have a healthy number of posts about all of the Dutchmen products and am glad that we seem to have relatively few problems with our TT's, 5'vers, Toy Haulers, etc!

BigBoyjack b is offline   Reply With Quote