Wavy Driver Side Wall - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2016, 08:20 PM   #1

Colorado
Wavy Driver Side Wall

Hi everyone...
I just brought home a brand new 2016 Rubicon 2500. I'm in Colorado, but I purchased it in Iowa. So already I've put a few hundred miles. But now that I'm home, I notice the driver side wall is a bit wavy. Is this normal or is this signs of glue adhesion failure in the lamination? Has anyone else experienced this with their brand new Dutchmen RV?

Thanks in advance.

dbbyleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbyleo View Post
Hi everyone...
I just brought home a brand new 2016 Rubicon 2500. I'm in Colorado, but I purchased it in Iowa. So already I've put a few hundred miles. But now that I'm home, I notice the driver side wall is a bit wavy. Is this normal or is this signs of glue adhesion failure in the lamination? Has anyone else experienced this with their brand new Dutchmen RV?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum.

When you say wavy, are we talking big waves or more like little ripples? Is just in one area or down the whole side?

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #3

Colorado
It is basically down the whole driver side. And they are not small ripples, they are waves that span about 4-6 feet... so it looks like the walls are bowed out... bow out in sections (of 4-6 feet). I took a 6foot level/straight edge and found the waves to have an offset of 1/2 - 1 inch in a 4-6 feet span.

I plan to go to local dealership and take a look at the Rubicons on the lot and see if they also exhibit they same thing. But like I said, it's only the driver side that have this issue. The passenger side isnt perfectly flat either, but any waving there is very subtle.
dbbyleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:10 AM   #4

British Columbia
Can't say I have ever seen any thing as you are describing. Your on the right path checking out other units.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:49 PM   #5

Florida
"I took a 6foot level/straight edge and found the waves to have an offset of 1/2 - 1 inch in a 4-6 feet span. "

No this is not normal. Check back to let us know what your local dealer says.
Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote