Water Leaks out the walls - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2017, 12:22 AM   #1

Oklahoma
Angry Water Leaks out the walls

I have owned this voltage for 1.5 years and I have water coming out of the walls in the garage and the bedroom slide out. I am told that the extended warranty I bought doesn't cover any of this. does anyone know how I can fix this. I live in this trailer full time. Also the fridge will only run on propane. Any Ideas?? I regret buy this toy hauler.

rhamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:29 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhamaker View Post
I have owned this voltage for 1.5 years and I have water coming out of the walls in the garage and the bedroom slide out. I am told that the extended warranty I bought doesn't cover any of this. does anyone know how I can fix this. I live in this trailer full time. Also the fridge will only run on propane. Any Ideas?? I regret buy this toy hauler.

I have a 2014 Voltage 3200 and had water coming from the wall in the garage. I found that it was coming in around the side metal vent, the one high up on the drivers side wall. The factory had not sealed it properly when installed, a little silicone around the flange took care of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:31 PM   #3

Illinois
I had the EXACT same leak as vchris!!!! I also just today noticed that the wiring for the under-awning LEDs went through a hole in the rail of the awning into the RV and NO SILICONE, not even a drip loop!!!! That water could possibly get into the garage as well... what I've found with our 2015 3800 is that you need to check it over with a fine tooth comb!!! They do or forget some of the weirdest ****!!!
Old 05-15-2017, 04:41 AM   #4

Nevada
Since you have had it for a while and you have been traveling, check the seals in the windows, place some silicone on the tops of the windows
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #5

Oklahoma
I have been trying to silicone all the windows but that just slowed it down, didn't stop it.
rhamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:43 AM   #6

Michigan
Silicone caulk is probably a poor choice to use on an RV. You will be better off with a Dicor product. There are different types depending on use (windows, roof, etc.). Your RV dealer will probably have what you need. Just my two cents worth, take it or leave it.

nickthehunter is offline   Reply With Quote