warranty repair - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2018, 02:19 PM   #1

Texas
warranty repair

How long should it take to get warranty repair parts from Dutchman.
I have 2018 1800RB that I took to my dealer over a month ago and have still not got the the siding that was damaged when was delivered. The last row is damaged and needs to be replaced.

3oldcrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:08 PM   #2

Tennessee
I would be hounding the dealer. I don't know how anyone here could answer your question.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
Depends...

IF the dealer ordered it when you requested it a month isn't out of the question. Dutchmen doesn't stock spare parts like an automotive dealer, they order enough to build the units they have planned and not a whole lot extra. So in many cases they have to order from the manufacturer, then ship to the dealer. Unfortunately the RV industry is rife with inefficiency.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:12 PM   #4

Florida
they may not have gotten to work on your RV until yesterday. Sometimes it takes quite a while to get parts since they don't usually stock anything (like Aaron mentioned). If it is a slide itself issue, then they would go to the mfr to get parts. If it is an issue with something Dutchmen built on-site at the factory, they would need to build an extra one for your repair.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:15 PM   #5

Illinois
You may want to contact Dutchman directly. Not unheard of for dealer to say parts on order when they were busy with other things and never called supplier.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:21 PM   #6

Oregon
If the parts available I would think it's would be the Dealer that is dropping the ball. When I bought my rig it was missing two items. After a few days the Dealer (camping world) called and said only one part came in but they would have the other one shipped over night at their expense I was impressed.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:12 PM   #7

Washington
I have found that I should never drop off the rig until they call and have the part in and ready to go.
ranbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:17 PM   #8

Texas
Ours is in shop now. We were told it normally takes about two weeks to get parts. I was unhappy with something the dealer told me so I emailed Dutchmen. I was shocked they called dealership and responded to my email within two days. I would definitely reach out to them to find out what is going on.
Blmsdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:37 PM   #9

Colorado
Here's the deal. You make an appointment with your RV Dealer to have your rig repaired.
All that is is the "day you drop the rig off". It has absolutely nothing to do with when your rig will be "looked at".
And when its turn to be looked at comes, then the Dealer Service Dept investigates and orders parts.
Then your rig goes "to the lot". When parts are received at the Dealer, then you're machine goes to the back of the line and when time is available, it will be repaired.

The fact that this may be several months means nothing to the Dealer. He has plenty of work to keep the Techs busy and making money for him.

Sadly, I and I can't even remember how many members have this experience.
As such, we learn to work on our rigs and get things done so our rig is available whenever we want to get out.
An example, extreme maybe, the Front Range of Colorado experienced some pretty incredible hail storms this Summer. Every RV Dealer or shop has more work than they know what do to with repairing hail damage. My 2014 Voltage 3800 has had problems with the main slide not completely closing at the front bottom. The end of September it got worse. I have an extended warranty to cover that work, from the Dealership. But no one will give me an appointment until mid-January 2019. Hmm...headed to AZ after Christmas. Nope, work like mine will not get in line ahead of hail damage repair. So I'm becoming an expert on Shwintek slide mechanisms and correct assembly of such.

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:56 PM   #10

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oldcrows View Post
How long should it take to get warranty repair parts from Dutchman.
I have 2018 1800RB that I took to my dealer over a month ago and have still not got the the siding that was damaged when was delivered. The last row is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Almost still a newbie here, bought our 2018 Kodiak just under one year ago. I have heard from several dealers that if you did not buy it there, you are going on the end of the list. And the list never ends.

Fortunately we found a repair shop nearby that does not sell RVs. They make an appointment after they get the parts for warranty work. Assuming they or I can tell them what is needed. We had a slide motor replaced and a recall on the heater done in 2 days. Cant ask for more.

Another small dealer shop did an emergency HVAC replacement in one day! We were camping 150 miles from home at a lake in August heat!
Cant ask for more than that!

So obviously everyone's mileage will vary. Persistence, tact and research help.

Best of luck to you but stay on top of them!

ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote