Warranty List - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #21

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
I will be posting here shortly - unfortunately my list is about 2 pages long!
Sorry to hear that your list is sooooo long. I actually thought that I had long list.

Hopefully, You've gotten most things corrected.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #22

New York
OK so here is our list - and I just realized that we never checked the heat or air condition - it was running during our PDI but I guess we should check further.

Nail or screw is penetrating the fiberglass from the inside out – near the front doorway on the right side – fixed under warranty – I do admit the body work was nicely done.

Black tank rinse does not work. Water leaked in the hallway with the water turn on to the tank rinser. – Have not had the opportunity to check this out.

Spray port does not work – will not connect. - This was advertised as hot and cold water – what needs to be done to get the fixed. – They claim that my model does not have hot and cold water and we have not had a chance to test this after picking up from dealer.

Slide – left side of the slide (facing it from the inside) does not extend all the way out – also notice the gaps when closed! Makes terrible noise when putting out or in! – Dealer said nothing wrong with slide.

Check out uneven tire wear!!!!!! Nothing done

Purchased a door for the bedroom, along with hardware. Received door, one hinge, one knob – still waiting (about 12 weeks now) for the other hinge. We want to mount the door ourselves and it is still sitting.

Mattress “roping” is ripped at the bottom of the bed. On order now for over 8 weeks.

Rear screen “wall”, small tear and one strap is missing. They replaced the “wall” with something much larger than original – attached the Velcro to the side rails – which did not stick to the side rails BUT it did stick to the paneling!!!!! What a mess…….in the meantime we ordered a “screen only” with a zipper custom fit for about $140.00!

Couch by L is separating and moves when using slide. Dealer said the couch moving is normal….and after investigating further we found that the arm of the couch is actually a mechanism for a draw under the seat!

Top step front door is not painted. Now you would think that the TH was in the dealer’s body shop for the fiberglass repair that they would paint the step – but NOOOOOOOO!

Puck lights in slide do not work.Dealer repaired lights.
How do you take the lens off these lights? Three people at the dealer looked at this and finally the 3rd person figured it out.

Kitchen (sink) cabinet doors are warped (left door both sides).All they did was add another a latch to one side – the other side is still out of alignment.

Windows in the slide do not lock (same window as the kitchen and it does lock). After seeing what other work has been done by the dealer – I think we will just live with windows that don’t lock!!! We have visions of leaking windows if they change them out. But then again, the TH was at the dealer for 6 weeks and this was not addressed other than windows are on order!

Front door = plastic slide is tight.Dealer repaired!

Check for fridge recall??? OK so one person said the recall was done and another said we were not on the recall list…..I’ll call Norcold and check for myself!

What color stain is used for the cabinets??? Apparently no one can tell me – but they will order some stain for us – again 6-8 weeks and still waiting.

Trim above the door from the garage area into the living area is not acceptable! They claim (and it sure does not look like it) that they fixed this……

Missing rubber grommet on the stove. Repaired by dealer.

Stove - Front burner does not light with “igniter”. Repaired by dealer.

Bathroom:
Wall and trim need to be repaired as noted on the sales order – marks all over the wall and the trim is pulling away from the wall.
Shower surround does not “stick” to the rear wall – it will for awhile and then eventually loosen up.
Tub/shower leaks water on the floor from both outside corners – even while TH is slightly tilted in the opposite direction.
Nothing at all was done in the bathroom to any of the problems listed above.

What are the hoses for under the sink (in cabinet)? Was told they are for the black tank rinser.

Drip rail near awning is not one continuous piece and is dripping water onto the door light! Dealer repaired by placing a “glop” of silicone on the crack!

Screw broken above the front door allowing water to enter……dealer repaired by drill out broken piece and installing new screw…..how much water is still to be undetermined.

Happijack pins missing. Ordered 4 weeks ago – still waiting!

Rust on the rear garage door and sill plate. – Nothing done!

OK that is the list we gave the dealer when we brought the TH in for warranty work on 6/10/13 and what was and wasn’t done when we picked it up on 7/26/13…..

Now for the things we have discovered during our last outing:

Bathroom GFI “trips” after running generator.

Battery drain – we seem to think our batteries drain too quickly – the batteries have been tested and they are “good”…..we will investigate further.

Water pump, well this is a problem – sometimes it will run and NOT shut off and other times it will run for what seem like an eternity and then shut off (which we know is also part of the battery drain problem).

When using the water pump (battery) – the water pulsates and splashes all order the kitchen, the bathroom sink seems to run ok but the shower also is spitting and sputtering.

We removed the screens from the overhead vents to clean them and to put in a pull switch in the bathroom for the fan and found that the bezels are split (all 3) and that the screws that hold in the screen have broken the “guides” and will no longer be effective…..

But most importantly – a MAJOR water leak in the bedroom……we found that the front fiberglass has actually torn away from the trim on the front of the TH……this is NOT a case of the caulking having to be redone – it is a 6” – 8” gap where it is open by about ¼” wide……we have since put duck tape on this and will deal with it after camping season.

We do most of our camping during the fall months – so I am sure this list will get longer the more we use it! We did purchase it in September of last year and used it for two weeks, but had full hook ups , then it went into winter storage until May of 2013n– this past outing was dry camping when we noticed all the problems with the “battery operated” items!

Yes some of these items could have been fixed by us….but since it was going back to the dealer we figured they could fix even the small things!!!!!! Apparently this is not happening!

Now the list above does not include the things we had fixed during our PDI!!!!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #23

California
WOW !!
That's a big list. I hope Dutchmen is looking at this forumn. If they are not, they should be!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #24

Nevada
Now I see why it took you some time to past thank you.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #25

New York
I also sent this list to Bishop Christensen @ Dutchemen....lets see how long it takes him to reply!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #26

New York
Well it didn't take long, this was the response:

My apologies, I am currently unable to assist you please forward any further responses to warranty@dutchmen.com..........so that is just what I did......too bad you can't talk to anyone!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #27

British Columbia
Quote:
Well it didn't take long, this was the response:

My apologies, I am currently unable to assist you please forward any further responses to warranty@dutchmen.com..........so that is just what I did......too bad you can't talk to anyone!
I would be absolutely p?!)($.

Great customer service, from the dealer and a great response from Dutchmen. Sounds like they need a good dose of free advertising. Like park in front of the dealers lot and let people see what kind of work they do.

Makes me want to rush right out and buy another Thor product.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #28

Oklahoma
I think we all ought to run up to Elkhart in our rigs and blockade the factory!!

The message sure didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #29

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
I think we all ought to run up to Elkhart in our rigs and blockade the factory!!

The message sure didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
That sounds like fun, we're almost there, a minor detour in our trip.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #30

New York
tell me when and well come also!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #31

Indiana
If we are in town I could hitch up for some support as well. We are not thrilled with the way our front slide works and the rear slide seals.

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Love the trailer, hate the dealer and manufacturer.
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #32

Indiana
Dutchmen has sold probably more units than ever before in their history. Everyone on this thread and most on this forum and beyond, have purchased their campers because they really liked them. All anyone expects, is to be treated as a customer during warranty and after.

Dutchmen has gotten overwhelmed with sales and doesn't know how to "service after the sale". It's unknown whether its due to their ignorance, short of man power, or just plain don't care attitude.

My wife and I really like our trailer...........as I think most here like theirs. It really is about service after the sale.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:39 AM   #33

New York
Well after two weeks I finally heard from my dealer and I don't know if that is 'cause I email everyday or because I emailed Dutchmen and bitxx'ed!

He wants a list of issues they still need to address - I just him a copy of what I posted here....waiting to hear again!

Leo and I will be making a surprise trip to them on Monday September 9th!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #34

New Mexico
Etal...-
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #35

Quebec
For everyone's info, I sent a brief email to Dutchmen yesterday using the Dutchmen warranty email address mentioned in an earlier post. I just suggested there may be a customer revolt brewing and that they would be wise to look at the Warranty Issues thread on this website if they want to be a bit proactive. No answer yet.
2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #36

Colorado
We have discovered two small things so far that I will fix myself because that is easier than taking it to the dealer.

Weather seal around the rear emergency escape window has a small gap for about 3 inches.

Kitchen faucet keeps coming loose in the mounting hole.

I do have a question that perhaps someone here might be able to answer - how does Dutchmen treat a warranty issue. Can the dealer automatically handle warranty items up to a certain dollar amount? Or does all warranty work have to be approved by Dutchmen in advance?

I ask this because the problems with getting the warranty work done may not be all Dutchmen if the former is the case. I'm curious because car dealers generally have the latitude to make warranty repairs up to a certain amount without approval and there are good dealers and bad dealers.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #37

New York
From what I have been told - dealer cannot do anything without prior approval from Dutchmen! Another issue is trying to get parts from Dutchmen to fix issues.........waiting 9 weeks for a hinge and screws is totally unacceptable! And that is just a small item....been waiting for my mattress since mid-June! And sooooo many more per my post!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #38

Colorado
Quote:
From what I have been told - dealer cannot do anything without prior approval from Dutchmen!
Interesting! As I said in another thread, ours had a problem with one of the holding tanks and it only took a week for them to get the parts and make repairs. Granted, that was pre-purchase so the dealer had a larger incentive to push Dutchmen harder and make it right.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #39

New York
OK after send emails again directly to Dutchmen, I got a response from Kara stating Bishop is no longer employed with Dutchmen and that I cannot order parts for our toy hauler directly from Dutchmen, that I have to go thru my dealer.......

Well since I've been emailing our dealer for the past few days, without getting any response....I shot a "nasty email" to Dutchmen telling them so......now I think I may have gotten someone's attention!

I have just emailed Kara the following:

I am not going to send EVERY email back and forth between myself and our dealer or Dutchmen, but you can see that this is an ongoing issue!

To say I am not happy with the QC of our Dutchmen, is an understatement! However the lack of communication, between dealer, Dutchmen and customer (me) - is a travesty!

I purchased this TH back in September 2012, we used it 2 weeks in October and put it away (indoor storage) for the winter - we took it out of storage mid-May and used it Memorial Day weekend, brought it to Ballentyne June 10th and it remained there until July 26th! I've sent you a list of what was not completed during the 6 weeks it was there!

Anyway, we ordered a door and the hardware thru Ballentyne back in October of last year - when we picked up the trailer in July - we got 1 door; 1 hinge; 1 handle.....we did not get the 2nd hinge nor the screws...now I have a door that I can't do anything with!

I also ordered (early July thru Ballentyne) the Happijac pins that we did not receive with the trailer...I'm still waiting...they are saying you (Dutchmen) has not sent them to them!!!!! OK we are getting ready to head out again and it sure would be nice IF I could get the cabinet door installed and be able to leave the Happijac in an up position!!!!!

I'm going to find a post that I made on the Dutchmen Owners Forum which I think will sum up the lack of support that I feel we are getting from either Ballentyne or Dutchmen!!!!!

Our dealer is 4 hours away, so IF Dutchmen finds it in their heart that these items had been ordered thru Ballentyne, sending them directly to us and saving us a 4 hour trip or a 4 day mailing delay.....that would be wonderful!

OK so here is our list - and I just realized that we never checked the heat or air condition - it was running during our PDI but I guess we should check further.

Nail or screw is penetrating the fiberglass from the inside out – near the front doorway on the right side – fixed under warranty – I do admit the body work was nicely done.

Black tank rinse does not work. Water leaked in the hallway with the water turn on to the tank rinser. – Have not had the opportunity to check this out.

Spray port does not work – will not connect. - This was advertised as hot and cold water – what needs to be done to get the fixed. – They claim that my model does not have hot and cold water and we have not had a chance to test this after picking up from dealer.

Slide – left side of the slide (facing it from the inside) does not extend all the way out – also notice the gaps when closed! Makes terrible noise when putting out or in! – Dealer said nothing wrong with slide. Still uneven!

Purchased a door for the bedroom, along with hardware. Received door, one hinge, one knob – still waiting for the other hinge. We want to mount the door ourselves and it is still sitting.

Mattress “roping” is ripped at the bottom of the bed. On order now for over 8 weeks.

Rear screen “wall”, small tear and one strap is missing. They replaced the “wall” with something much larger than original – attached the Velcro to the side rails – which did not stick to the side rails BUT it did stick to the paneling!!!!! What a mess…….in the meantime we ordered a “screen only” with a zipper custom fit for about $140.00!

Couch by L is separating and moves when using slide. Dealer said the couch moving is normal….and after investigating further we found that the arm of the couch is actually a mechanism for a draw under the seat! However the couch does not fit in the opening and is forward by about 2-3".

Top step front door is not painted. Now you would think that the TH was in the dealer’s body shop for the fiberglass repair that they would paint the step – but NOOOOOOOO!

How do you take the lens off these lights? Three people at the dealer looked at this and finally the 3rd person figured it out.

Kitchen (sink) cabinet doors are warped (left door both sides).All they did was add another a latch to one side – the other side is still out of alignment.

Windows in the slide do not lock (same window as the kitchen and it does lock). After seeing what other work has been done by the dealer – I think we will just live with windows that don’t lock!!! We have visions of leaking windows if they change them out. But then again, the TH was at the dealer for 6 weeks and this was not addressed other than windows are on order!

Check for fridge recall??? OK so one person said the recall was done and another said we were not on the recall list…..I’ll call Norcold and check for myself!

What color stain is used for the cabinets??? Apparently no one can tell me – but they will order some stain for us – again 6-8 weeks and still waiting.

Trim above the door from the garage area into the living area is not acceptable! They claim (and it sure does not look like it) that they fixed this……

Bathroom:
Wall and trim need to be repaired as noted on the sales order – marks all over the wall and the trim is pulling away from the wall.
Shower surround does not “stick” to the rear wall – it will for awhile and then eventually loosen up.
Tub/shower leaks water on the floor from both outside corners – even while TH is slightly tilted in the opposite direction.

What are the hoses for under the sink (in cabinet)? Was told they are for the black tank rinser.

Drip rail near awning is not one continuous piece and is dripping water onto the door light! Dealer repaired by placing a “glop” of silicone on the crack!

Screw broken above the front door allowing water to enter……dealer repaired by drill out broken piece and installing new screw…..how much water is still to be undetermined.

OK that is the list we gave the dealer when we brought the TH in for warranty work on 6/10/13 and what was and wasn’t done when we picked it up on 7/26/13…..

Battery drain – we seem to think our batteries drain too quickly – the batteries have been tested and they are “good”…..we will investigate further.

Water pump, well this is a problem – sometimes it will run and NOT shut off and other times it will run for what seem like an eternity and then shut off (which we know is also part of the battery drain problem).

When using the water pump (battery) – the water pulsates and splashes all order the kitchen, the bathroom sink seems to run ok but the shower also is spitting and sputtering.

We removed the screens from the overhead vents to clean them and to put in a pull switch in the bathroom for the fan and found that the bezels are split (all 3) and that the screws that hold in the screen have broken the “guides” and will no longer be effective…..

But most importantly – a MAJOR water leak in the bedroom……we found that the front fiberglass has actually torn away from the trim on the front of the TH……this is NOT a case of the caulking having to be redone – it is a 6” – 8” gap where it is open by about ¼” wide……we have since put duck tape on this and will deal with it after camping season.

We do most of our camping during the fall months – so I am sure this list will get longer the more we use it! We did purchase it in September of last year and used it for two weeks, but had full hook ups , then it went into winter storage until May of 2013– this past outing was dry camping when we noticed all the problems with the “battery operated” items!

Yes some of these items could have been fixed by us….but since it was going back to the dealer we figured they could fix even the small things!!!!!! Apparently this is not happening!

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toyhauler

We'll just have to wait and see if anyone does anything (if not I do know what my next step will be! I also emailed Kara all the photos of the water leak and some of the emails going back and forth with Ballentyne & Bishop!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #40

New York
Quote:
OK after send emails again directly to Dutchmen, I got a response from Kara stating Bishop is no longer employed with Dutchmen and that I cannot order parts for our toy hauler directly from Dutchmen, that I have to go thru my dealer.......

Well since I've been emailing our dealer for the past few days, without getting any response....I shot a "nasty email" to Dutchmen telling them so......now I think I may have gotten someone's attention!

I have just emailed Kara the following:

I am not going to send EVERY email back and forth between myself and our dealer or Dutchmen, but you can see that this is an ongoing issue!

To say I am not happy with the QC of our Dutchmen, is an understatement! However the lack of communication, between dealer, Dutchmen and customer (me) - is a travesty!

I purchased this TH back in September 2012, we used it 2 weeks in October and put it away (indoor storage) for the winter - we took it out of storage mid-May and used it Memorial Day weekend, brought it to Ballentyne June 10th and it remained there until July 26th! I've sent you a list of what was not completed during the 6 weeks it was there!

Anyway, we ordered a door and the hardware thru Ballentyne back in October of last year - when we picked up the trailer in July - we got 1 door; 1 hinge; 1 handle.....we did not get the 2nd hinge nor the screws...now I have a door that I can't do anything with!

I also ordered (early July thru Ballentyne) the Happijac pins that we did not receive with the trailer...I'm still waiting...they are saying you (Dutchmen) has not sent them to them!!!!! OK we are getting ready to head out again and it sure would be nice IF I could get the cabinet door installed and be able to leave the Happijac in an up position!!!!!

I'm going to find a post that I made on the Dutchmen Owners Forum which I think will sum up the lack of support that I feel we are getting from either Ballentyne or Dutchmen!!!!!

Our dealer is 4 hours away, so IF Dutchmen finds it in their heart that these items had been ordered thru Ballentyne, sending them directly to us and saving us a 4 hour trip or a 4 day mailing delay.....that would be wonderful!

Slide – left side of the slide (facing it from the inside) does not extend all the way out – also notice the gaps when closed! Makes terrible noise when putting out or in! – Dealer said nothing wrong with slide. Still uneven!

Purchased a door for the bedroom, along with hardware. Received door, one hinge, one knob – still waiting for the other hinge. We want to mount the door ourselves and it is still sitting.

Couch by L is separating and moves when using slide. Dealer said the couch moving is normal….and after investigating further we found that the arm of the couch is actually a mechanism for a draw under the seat! However the couch does not fit in the opening and is forward by about 2-3".

Bathroom:

We do most of our camping during the fall months – so I am sure this list will get longer the more we use it! We did purchase it in September of last year and used it for two weeks, but had full hook ups , then it went into winter storage until May of 2013– this past outing was dry camping when we noticed all the problems with the “battery operated” items!

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toyhauler

We'll just have to wait and see if anyone does anything (if not I do know what my next step will be! I also emailed Kara all the photos of the water leak and some of the emails going back and forth with Ballentyne & Bishop!
When I was growing up, my grandfather always said "the squeaky wheel get attention", "don't be shy kid - stick to your guns"! Grandpa was a very wise man!

I have had more work completed in the past week at Ballentyne RV, Rochester, NY than I did for the 6 weeks it sat there this spring! Dutchmen is extending my warranty until the work is complete - which will be sometime this spring - early summer! Dealer was told on Monday 10/14 that they have one week to get everything done and we would pick it up on 10/21 or 10/22. Unfortunately not everything will be done - axle alignment and front filon cap defect..... BUT soooo many other issues have been dealt with! We'll pick it up Monday - however it was being winterized so we can't check some of the issues with banging water pipes and a defective water pump....but things are progressing!!!!!