Warranty List - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #1

California
Warranty List

I have an idea. Let's start a new topic. Warranty list. Post what repairs that you need repaired or have already had repaired by the dealer or factory. It would be interesting if we see patterns in the different models.
Not for ranting about bad quality just things that have broke or gone bad since you have owned your trailers. Could be fun and educational.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #2

Nevada
X2

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #3

California
OK I'll go first.

1. Floor linoleum at entry door was torn.
They replaced the carpet and extended it on that side to cover the tear in the floor. Otherwise they would have to replace the linoleum on the entire floor and would have to put quarter round molding around all the edges.

2. Rear bathroom Santi-flush would not take water.
They replaced the in-line check valve. Was also installed backwards.

3. Weather strip on some of the exterior windows was missing.
They installed weather strips.

4. Rubber roof has excessive wrinkles and air pockets in it.
They took pictures and sent them to Dutchmen. Dutchmen came back and said that was normal.

5. Backup camera looses signal while driving.
The dealer said they couldn't verify my complaint. So I called ASA Electronics who make the system and they sent me a new system and I installed it. Much better now, but still looses signal on occasion.

6. Assist handle foam cover torn.
They replace the assist handle.

7. Kitchen bottle opener was missing.
They gave me one and I installed it.

8. Rear garage Fantastic fan would not close (motor just clicked)
They replaced the fan assembly.

9. Paint problems. (I have the full body paint)
They buffed out most of the bad spots. There are still a couple of paint imperfections, but I think they will make it worst by trying to spot repair.
I choose to live with them.

10.Outside compartment doors leaked on both side when washing trailer.
They adjusted the doors and replaced the weather strips.

That is pretty much it so far.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #4

Nevada
None so far. but I can fix most any thing if need be.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
Old 08-18-2013, 01:44 AM   #5

Indiana
Here's the list of issues repaired under warranty. The latter are problems discovered after warranty ended.

(1) Island counter top replaced due to warping. Tow kick on island replaced due to not being cut at the correct height at factory.

(2) 6 point leveling system rams had to be reattached to the mounts at a correct height.

(3) Galley slide & Bedroom slide had to be adjusted due to slide not coming in flush with outside wall of coach. Galley slide had too much cabinet getting hung up on floor. Dutchmen had recommended that the floor linoleum be pulled up and screws be used to bring the floor down more so that galley wouldn't get hung up.

(4) Fridge ran constantly. Found that masking tape was not removed under access doors.

(5) Staples below the surface of the rubber membrane were working their way up on the side edges of the roof.

(6) Both basement doors warped.

(7) Santi-flush leaks. Do not use, now. Wouldn't be surprised if the check valve is installed backwards as Waytogood has commented.

(8) Air conditioning unit does not omit cold air. Cold air is omitted through ceiling lights. Air does not flow through ducts in a correct manner. (Still no determination from Dan the man at Dutchmen whom is the supervisor). I think he is actually the janitor at Dutchmen. He doesn't know anything and won't get back to people.

I'm sure there's other items, I just can't think of them at this time.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #6

Quebec
Here's my list:
1) Same roof staple problem as INFINITYRVER. Fixed by dealer by lifting membrane and installing longer staples.
2) Plumbing leaks in basement where piping is concentrated just inside the water service panel. Fixed by me by tightening various screw and PEC connections.
3) Ground fault in electrical system. Fixed by me .... found an electrical box under DR slide full of water.
4) Water leaks under DR slide when travelling in rain. Fixed by me by filling gaps with expanding foam and adding a second weather strip under slide.
5) Sheet metal covering upper cooling vents on 2-dr fridge. Fixed by me.
6) Kitchen slide rocks back and forth when extending or retracting. Dealer could not fix. I have learned to live with it by applying some manual assist during extension and retraction.
7) Intermittent tail light failure. Fixed by me by replacing units with LED versions.
8) Oxidation of front and rear fiberglass caps (dark brown). This is an ongoing issue being managed with elbow grease and mild rubbing compound and wax.
2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #7

Can anyone tell me where the Sani Flush valve is at?? Seems a problem here as mine will not take water either. They tell me its fine..I would like to take a look at it to see if it is in backwards.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #8

South Carolina
Angry kodiak warranty issues

after having some very serious leaking problems and ongoing issues, we traded our 2013 dutchmen kodiak that we just purchased in march 2013 a few weeks ago. when you start having leaks behind the walls and in the window onto your counter top that has warped it and all that needs to be replaced on top of many other leaks and ongoing things.. it was time to say goodbye. we had enough. lucky for us, our salesman went to bat for us and helped get us out of ours into something we could live with. and it isnt a dutchmen!! i wish you all good luck with yours.. this will be my last post on this forum!
SheCon54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:56 AM   #9

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheCon54 View Post
after having some very serious leaking problems and ongoing issues, we traded our 2013 dutchmen kodiak that we just purchased in march 2013 a few weeks ago. when you start having leaks behind the walls and in the window onto your counter top that has warped it and all that needs to be replaced on top of many other leaks and ongoing things.. it was time to say goodbye. we had enough. lucky for us, our salesman went to bat for us and helped get us out of ours into something we could live with. and it isnt a dutchmen!! i wish you all good luck with yours.. this will be my last post on this forum!
I wish you the best of luck. I hope it's not another Thor prodcuct.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #10

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
Can anyone tell me where the Sani Flush valve is at?? Seems a problem here as mine will not take water either. They tell me its fine..I would like to take a look at it to see if it is in backwards.
More than likely it is behind the panels in the basement the black tank is right under the head. I hope this will help.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
Old 08-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #11

thanks 80do.. I have no Idea even what it looks like. Its a start but I was hoping for a more specific area so I dont have to dismantle the entire basement looking for something I dont know where it is or what it looks like. \
Hopefully someone will pipe in and tell me.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #12

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
Tanman
I don't what what model trailer you have. On my Voltage 3895 it was the rear bathroom and the valve is under the bathroom sink. In from where you hook up the garden hose from outside. On the front bath I have not had time to look for it. I have two different hookups with the two bath design.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #13

Thanks Waytoogood.. I had my basement all apart this morning trying to trace waterlines looking for a check valve. No joy here. I think I found the line going to the black water tank but was not 100% sure since I could not see the terminal end. Maybe my valve is closer to the connector but I dont know.
My unit is a V3200 single bath . I identified the lines going to the lav, toilet and shower but still the check valve eludes me.

hopefully someone will know and save whats left of my back leaning inside.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #14
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
1) Scratch on kitchen counter - buffed out
2) Leak around TV antenna (only when it was up) - re-caulked
3) Black tank drain valve leaking - adjusted valve
4) Slam door on entry side leaked with heavy rain - ordered new door
5) Magnets holding the screen down didn't hold the screen down - put shims under the magnets, but still didn't work, so I put a velcro strap on the door and now is great
6) Shade behind sofa was bowed - replaced
7) Sofa cushion had a worn peice on the end - sent new cushion
8) Fresh water light quit working after 6 months - checked ground and circut board couldn't find out what was wrong, so I decided it wasn't a big deal. Only dry camp 2-3 times a year and those times are short. Fill the tank and know I don't have an issue.

All things considered very minor issues. Could they have been caught sure, but I'm happy with these littel things.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:28 AM   #15

Delaware
2014 Aerolite 282DBHS (built and purchased August 2013).

1. Found leak in pass-through. Found seal around hatch was not complete. I sealed this myself and that seems to have fixed the leak.

2. Waterpump is not mounted and the outlet line wraps around the metal track for the drawer the put it under. I will be moving the water pump and mounting it.

3. Brain for slide is under said water pump (see above) causing a potential problem of disabling the slide if there is a leak. I will be moving the brain.

4. Once cabinet above dinette (in slide) would not close. The catch for the latch needed to be moved. I noticed this before leaving the dealer and they fixed it.

5. Battery mount is not straight and is causing an issue with the brackets for my weight distribution hitch. Since I am building a new battery mount (also moving circuit breakers and installing cut off switch in pass-through) for my 6 volt batteries the factory mount will be removed.

6. I noticed there is no caulk or silicone where the tub surround meets the tub. I don't know if this is an issue (was the same in a new Cougar trailer I looked at) so if anyone can shed some light on this let me know. I think their should be and will probably silicone to make sure no water gets back there.

7. No fire extingusiher included with trailer. Aerolite said there should have been one and to check with the dealer. Have not done that yet.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #16

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
6. I noticed there is no caulk or silicone where the tub surround meets the tub. I don't know if this is an issue (was the same in a new Cougar trailer I looked at) so if anyone can shed some light on this let me know. I think their should be and will probably silicone to make sure no water gets back there.
Apparently the tub has a 1" lip and the surround slips over it - thus making caulking not necessary....it was like this on our Sunline as well!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #17

New York
I will be posting here shortly - unfortunately my list is about 2 pages long!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #18

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
Apparently the tub has a 1" lip and the surround slips over it - thus making caulking not necessary....it was like this on our Sunline as well!
Residential tubs do as well but there is always some sort of caulking used.

I think blocking any moisture from getting behind there is going to be a good thing. Going to check the top of the surround as well. Assume that's not sealed either.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #19

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
I will be posting here shortly - unfortunately my list is about 2 pages long!
I find it easy to reply to a thread where the reply is long to use a word processing program then cut and paste.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
Old 08-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #20

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
Residential tubs do as well but there is always some sort of caulking used.

I think blocking any moisture from getting behind there is going to be a good thing. Going to check the top of the surround as well. Assume that's not sealed either.

I'd go ahead and caulk it in if I thought it necessary. You can put it on your list but you might not be happy with the results.

Regarding the fire extinguisher, just go to Lowe's and get a real fire extinguisher that will put out some fire if needed.

The extinguisher is a requirement, just like on boats and just like on boats they are not adequate for anything but the smallest fire.

It just satisfies some government agency by being there and like a lot of requirements it doesn't really have to do the job.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote