Warranty List - Page 4 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #61

California
293RK Warranty Issues

1) Main Door Dead Bolt Will Not Lock
Dead bolt and door striker plate not aligned REPAIRED
2) Metal on ALL Slide-outs Not Adhering To Backing
had to be removed and sprayed with adhesive to adhere to backing. I checked all other Denali trailers on lot and all had the same issue. I was told that this was a normal thing. The aluminum was done this way for weight concerns. REPAIRED
3) Door Holding Clips Set Too Close, Will Brake Soon
The compartment door holding clips were set too close to the opening of the door, they had to be reset back some. REPAIRED
4) Rear Ladder Unusable
Rear Ladder became unusable after it was climbed. The brackets were not inline vertically and the stay poles must be bent to go into the brackets. Brackets were also not installed so as to add stability EVENLY Brackets were missing horizontally.
I looked again at all Denali trailers on the lot and ALL had the same issues. I asked the salesman if I could climb the ladder on one of the trailers and he politely asked that I wouldn't. REPAIRED
5) Bedroom Slide out Not Working
On PDI slide performed ok.....but made some binding noises. Found broken rail on further investigation. REPAIRED
6) Toilet Leaks At Base
Still have issue, could not duplicate at repair shop. NOT REPAIRED
7) Remote For Slide/Awning/Porch Light/Stabilizers Not Working
Had to have another remote mailed from factory and rewire controller box REPAIRED
8) Half Barrel At End Of The Kitchen Counter Broken
The half barrel cabinet at the end of kitchen counter was broken. The bottom was held in by FINISHING NAILS. The entire barrel had to be replaced. REPAIRED
9) Kitchen Cabinets Open During Travel
The door hinges had to be replaced with stronger ones to avoid this from happening. I REPLACED
10) The Slide out Rubber Seal Was Cut
The seal was cut in a way that water would leak into the trailer. REPAIRED

We sent a letter to the Warranty (see how that starts... WARR) Department and I got back a "fill in the name" response. "We are concerned with your issues and have given you a case number". Not too happy right now. For a BRAND new trailer, these repair issues are unacceptable in my book.

Denali 293RKS Fifth Wheel

rsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:01 AM   #62

Louisiana
Tilted Window Blinds

"Window blind in bedroom is tilted. Bad. It appears it may be more of an issue of where the tie downs/ anchors are positioned for the strings. This seems to be why this one is tilted and also why the other blinds can’t go down far enough to actually provide privacy. It seems to correct this issue all around the anchors need to be fixed in a lower and a proper location. If the blinds are 2’ wide then the anchors can’t be mounted 1.5’ apart. Also the pins need to be mounted low enough to allow the blinds to actually fully cover the windows. Needs to be repaired. How can this be done without ruining the walls w/ more holes?"

Two of my blinds were tilted very badly. I found that each one was only fastened to one of the two mounting brackets along the top of the blind. They are not easy to get to and operate, even with my small hands! Once I was able to fasten the blinds in place with both brackets, they hang straight.

My kitchen blind cords were shortened to the point where, when the blind is down all the way it is near impossible to get ahold of the ends of the cords to pull them up again. I've tied the ends together and clipped a pull cord to them to effectively lengthen the strings.

I have also used spring tension rods inside the window boxes, in front of the blinds, to hang curtains. I am only using decorative lace curtains, but took out the blinds and used opaque, privacy curtains with pull backs when I had my '89 Toyota Dolphin.

"Cherise" 2001 Harley Sportster 1200 C
Vagabond Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #63

Oklahoma
rsmith, we just received our 297 R Denali back yesterday from dealer, been in for minor warranty repairs and one safety recall. You noted #7 your remote wasn't working. We have same issue. Ours has an electric auto level system. Dealer says that remote only will run slides awning and light, but not leveling system. This seems strange to me, as we had a 32? RES, 2012 model that had remote that would run jacks. ( didn't have level system). That was one of reason we down sized and purchased a new one.
You stated they "rewired" , to fix it. Do you have a idea what they did? Does your rig have the auto level system? Thanks Happy Trails
TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
dgfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:47 PM   #64

California
Hi Steve, the service dept. said they had to get an ENTIRE new remote and receiver. Both would not "talk" to each other. Mine has a multi function remote for the slides, door light and front levelers. Mainly so you can get the truck and trailer lined up.
We were told by the dealer that the trailers come to them KNOWING that WILL be a list of repairs and the dealership has to go through the warranty system to get them done. If the owner doesn't notice or worry about the issues then that's ok with Dutchmen. This is where, as a business owner, it stinks to high heaven.

As you can see I am sourly disappointed with this trailer to say the least.
The company gave us a warranty number but the way we see it we are just a number to them.

I would not recommend and/or make another purchase of the Dutchmen line EVER!!

I have ours listed and I will buy ANYTHING else next time.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:15 AM   #65

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
I have ours listed and I will buy ANYTHING else next time.
Sorry to hear about you issues. You may find that in the RV industry, your going to find the same philosophy from all the manufactures. So selling your Dutchmen Denali, will just give you a opportunity to deal with another manufacture with similar results.

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #66

Oregon
regarding the screen holding, I loosened the magnet mounts so they could flex, problem solved.

Doug Barb & Tillie is offline   Reply With Quote