Warranty List - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #41
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
Wow what a mess. I think I would send this in a registered letter to Dutchmen and the dealer and tell next they will hearing from your attorney. I might also get local TV and tell them you would like a documentary done on it.

I have an issue with the front landing gear and was told by Dutchmen I need to go through the dealer for the warranty work instead of calling Lippert directly. With another RV I called Lippert directly especially since the warranty is actually through them. I thought this was BS so I called Lippert directly. Told them what I was told and they said always call them first. I will be taking the TH to them in November. The amazing thing is the dealer said nothing was wrong which there is and now I'm out of warranty. Lippert said this is an issue with the manufacturer telling people not to call them and they would work with me to correct the problem most likely at no charge..

With your slide issue I would call Lippert and talk with them.

I also blew a tire this past weekend an I need a new panel. I'm taking it to a body shop who does excellent work and he is 5 minutes away. Now I'm wondering if he is going to have an issue order the decal. I'm guessing he is going to make the panel rather than go through anyone else.

Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #42

Nevada
gonervn:
I had to order my own decal from the local Dutchmen dealer it took about three weeks cost around $30 this panel was the galley slide here are the pictures of panel Trailer

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:15 AM   #43

Delaware
I was surprised to see Dutchmen bragging about their state of the art inspection facility/process complete with rain booth on FB today. Reporting that PDI is done in house with a separate 121 point inspection done after for all their brands. I asked them when it was finished because clearly my unit (build finished in August) didn't go through it.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #44

Oklahoma
121 points huh?

Let's see, 6 tires, six wheels, six hub caps, check. Two doors, several windows, ramp door springs with hinges, check.

Yep, I can see how they can do a 121 point inspection.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #45

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
I was surprised to see Dutchmen bragging about their state of the art inspection facility/process complete with rain booth on FB today. Reporting that PDI is done in house with a separate 121 point inspection done after for all their brands. I asked them when it was finished because clearly my unit (build finished in August) didn't go through it.
I think you read something into that statement - they said they inspected for 121 points - they didn't say they fixed anything they found wrong! LOL!!!!!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #46

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
Well it didn't take long, this was the response:

My apologies, I am currently unable to assist you please forward any further responses to warranty@dutchmen.com..........so that is just what I did......too bad you can't talk to anyone!
Bishop no longer wor Dutchmen. went to another company
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #47

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonervn View Post
Wow what a mess. I think I would send this in a registered letter to Dutchmen and the dealer and tell next they will hearing from your attorney. I might also get local TV and tell them you would like a documentary done on it.

I have an issue with the front landing gear and was told by Dutchmen I need to go through the dealer for the warranty work instead of calling Lippert directly. With another RV I called Lippert directly especially since the warranty is actually through them. I thought this was BS so I called Lippert directly. Told them what I was told and they said always call them first. I will be taking the TH to them in November. The amazing thing is the dealer said nothing was wrong which there is and now I'm out of warranty. Lippert said this is an issue with the manufacturer telling people not to call them and they would work with me to correct the problem most likely at no charge..

With your slide issue I would call Lippert and talk with them.

I also blew a tire this past weekend an I need a new panel. I'm taking it to a body shop who does excellent work and he is 5 minutes away. Now I'm wondering if he is going to have an issue order the decal. I'm guessing he is going to make the panel rather than go through anyone else.
Wow! I didn't know that Lippert would do anything. Maybe there is a particular company associated with Dutchmen that has some business sense.

I'll be contacting Lippert about the slide that is still having an issue sliding in all the way.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #48

Colorado
Mine is at the dealer now so lets see, after 2 mos of ownership:
black tank valve is leaking/one of the l-r slides has a leak/plumbing under bathroom sink came apart/skylight over shower leaked during a deluge/one of the tires has a slow leak/backsplash completely came off the wall behind the range/trim piece in one of the b-r slides is loose...we'll see when we get it back...

it's on a 3860MS
txdutt0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #49

California
Here are a few issues I've had with our 2011 261BHS-K. We bought the trailer new and I fixed many small things myself. These were issues I've had within the first 2 months of owning the RV. Knock on wood after the issues listed below have been fixed the trailer has been great! Fortunately I'm fairly handy. I hate leaving stuff at the dealer for repairs when it's prime camping time...

-Pin hole in high pressure LP hose from regulator. Had to replace complete unit with hoses since factory expoxy hoses into regulator. Fortunately the one hardware store in West Yellowstone had a regulator and two hoses.

-Water leaking around shower control hot/cold valve. leaked so bad water coming through floor and out of trailer. Fixed with silicone.

-Fridge would not cycle from LP to electric. Fixed under warranty. Loose connections.

-Bathroom door hinge screws stripped out. New longer and larger diameter screws.

-Bedroom pocket doors would not stay open during travel. Flipped plastic straps around so snaps work properly.

-Couch drawer kept opening and closing during travel. Installed plasic strap with snal like on bedroom pocket doors.

-U-Bolt holding spare tire too long and poking into sidewall of spare tire. Removed U-bolt and cut it shorter.

-Water pump failed. Replaced under warranty.

-DVD/Stereo kept overheating and freezing halfway through movie. Replaced under warranty.

-Front edge seam on carpet under couch dining/slide out was not sewn right and began to separate. Dealer had it hand sewn.

-LP cover brittle and broken at rivets. Replaced under warranty.

-Broken heater floor duct regulators/vents. Purchased new ones at Camping World. Faster and easier than dealing with dealer for warranty.

-Now I've noticed one of the main floor hear ducts to be collapsing up? The metal seems to be distorted, still watching this to make sure its not my imagination. I have the extended warranty.

-Slide out not adjusted properly from factory and electric ram mount bracket got tweaked and ram nearly twisted itself off. I removed bracket and put in vise and bent it back and re-installed it. Adjusted it myself. Told dealer about problem and they said I repaired it correctly.

-Installed toilet paper roll holder? It wasn't ever installed from factory.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:26 AM   #50

New Mexico
I have two more items that just hit the list, it looks like the paint is fading/oxidizing on top of the front cap and the toilet foot flush lever just fell off. Oh and the water heater died yet again, this time it was the 120v high limit/temp switch while last time it was the 12v side. Both times I repaired it as it was far easier to do so than to load up and go to tae it there and have the morons at CW take two days to troubleshoot and then order the part or negotiate the repair with Duncemen. CW had the unit for a full week to repair the big three, landing gear, AC and rear slide and although they claim to have all the parts and would only need two days it wasn't done after five days with only the landing gear getting fixed. While at CW this weekend when I asked about the toilet they said they would have to look at it and get the part to fix it, they claimed that the foot lever on this model has been problematic and most likely would need a new toilet as that part is not meant to come off. When I asked for the water heater part to be a warranty item they said only if I brought the unit in even though I had the bad part and all of the information for the Suburban WH. Such bull%$*^, I hope Dutchmen as a company goes down as they have no business skills whatsoever.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #51

Pennsylvania
We had several issues after picking up our v3305. Fridge did not work at walkthrough. Dealer came to us later and said it was fixed, just an unconnected connector. NOT. Found it still did not work after arriving home. Microwave was dead. 12 volt convertor was dead. Vac system was dead (don't understand that one it worked at the time the salesman originally showed us the unit, did not check it at walkthrough.) Here's where it gets a little more interesting. The selling dealer arranged for me to take it to a dealer closer to home (2 1/2 hours instead of 7) for the warranty work. Dealer 2 complains constantly about not getting paid for the work he does by Dutchman and that he was sorry he ever agreed to do it. After 7 weeks I get the call to pick it up. While he's haggling on the phone with Dutchman, I go out and hook up. He then proceeds to shake me down for an extra $500 because Dutchman won't reimburse him fairly. When I pull out of his lot the local 5-0 is sitting about 100 yards down the road. Ya think he was expecting trouble? From now on I'll fix it myself.

Bruce and Jen
nowucme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:25 AM   #52

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
Can anyone tell me where the Sani Flush valve is at?? Seems a problem here as mine will not take water either. They tell me its fine..I would like to take a look at it to see if it is in backwards.
Tanman, you do not say what model you have. I have a 2013 3800 with two bathrooms/black tanks/saniflush check valves. My back tank flush systems' first indication was water running out from the floor over the tires. I took off the inside panel below the fridge, and found the hose connection on the inside of the exterior wall was not tightened. I tightened it up, put water to it again, but didn't hear any flow and still had a small amount of water coming from the inside connection that I had tightened. That is when I realized there was a "blockage" downstream. I took my harbor freight special video inspection camera so I could follow the line up the wall. It went through the wall high up under the bathroom sink. I went in the bathroom and found the check/anti-siphon valve. I removed it, thinking that is was stuck shut, but when I discovered the arrows indicating flow direction, I realized it was installed backwards! Put it in correctly and solved the problem. If yours is in the front, it should be accessible through the basement. Might be behind a panel. Just follow the hose from outside connection. It will be higher than where it comes in from the outside. If it is behind a panel, and you take the panel off, it would be a good time to pressurize the fresh water system to check all the connections for leaks. Good luck.
gr8batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #53

Louisiana
2100 Issues

I ordered the unit out of Harrisburg PA and was told the one I wanted (with a generator) was being shipped from Indiana. It came from Iowa. While signing all the papers I found out that Campers Barn of Kingston NY had recently been purchased by Camping World, and I made arrangements to take delivery from Kingston (20 miles from my house instead of 200). The first I saw the unit was at Kingston, so I don't know who actually took care of the prep work.

The table had about an inch square of gouges in the top surface.
(The table is in my storage unit & I use small folding tables instead)

One of the clips for the straps that hold the couches up was broken. (PA sent me replacement straps)

Was unable to get hot water.
(My brother found one of the three shut off valves - behind a screwed in panel - was not opened)

Generator was not tested at delivery - no gas. I have not been able to get it to start since getting gas.
(Will be having this looked at.)

Kitchen window is so tight it is very difficult to open, and even harder to close.

There is rust forming in spots near the hinges of the ramp door.

Face of bedroom drawer is warped.
(Not extremely noticeable - think I can live with it.)

Flipped mattress due to wear after 2 months of intermittant use; threw it out after 3 months of continual use. Marketed as a queen size (60" wide), but actually full size (54" wide).
(Replaced with Coleman air mattress.)

Five months after taking delivery, only having traveled about 50 miles with it (campground is only 4 miles from my house, 3 trips, plus the 20 miles when picking it up) I was preparing for my first real excursion from NY to FL, stopped to see my parents as I was leaving, and noticed one wheel was VERY hot compared to the other three. Went to CW in Kingston. They found a broken adjusting spring on the brake, causing it to drag. The resulting heat required the entire brake assembly to be replaced.

(Kudos to Kingston NY CW! They knew I was beginning my trip, got me right in and fixed by that afternoon and said they'd deal with the warranty issue with Dutchmen after the fact, rather than hang me up, possibly several days. They did call and ask me to take photos of the serial number tag on the axle for them to send Dutchmen as there are two manufacturers. Mine was made by Lippert.)

I noticed while setting up here (my second camp in FL) that one of the stablilizer jacks is coming loose from the frame.
(Will be having this looked at.) I have applied never-seize to the threads as they were already beginning to rust dramatically.

When in the sitting position, the backs of my couches are 7 inches from the wall! The problem being this narrows the sitting area to the point that is uncomfortable. It is narrow to the point that it is uncomfortable to even lay on the couch unless it is flipped open to the bed position. I am not sure how this can be adjusted, but there must be a way since the unit I looked at before placing my order was maybe half that (I have verified this by looking at the photos I took that day) and in my Dolphin the back of the couch leaned right against the wall.
(Does anyone have suggestions? CW has no answers for me here)

There are a few other minor inconveniences that are not quality issues, just design issues, such as the shelf in the middle of the shower wall making an already small shower even narrower. Small shelves in the corners would have been much more functional and not in the way.

There's a plastic ring that holds the hose for the shower head to the wall. If it were a snap clip instead, the shower could be used as a handheld. I will be making this change.

The shower curtain rod was hung at a height that causes the shower curtain to bunch up in the bottom of the tub so that it would be stepped on, causing it to tear. I moved the rod up three inches rather than trim the curtain.

The bottom of the bath tub seems "soft" near the drain, like too big a hole was cut. I'm not sure how that is going to play out.

I removed the towel rack at the bottom of the stove, since hanging a dish towel on it, blocked the vents and access to the door for the microwave/oven, and blocked view of the clock.

There needs to be an undercabinet reading light near the closet end of the bed by the tv hook-ups.

The closet door opening needs to be raised about two inches from the bottom to allow for additional drawer space without hindering closet function.

There. I've included my gripes as well as my real issues (so far). I figure if any one from Dutchmen cares enough to read this forum, I might as well put them out there ... or maybe another reader will have ideas to share.

So far, I am over all happy with it. We'll see what comes down the road.
"Cherise" 2001 Harley Sportster 1200 C
Vagabond Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #54

British Columbia
Wow..your warranty list is almost as long as your trailer...good luck and I hope you took a lot of pics. Don't give up and it's ok to say " not acceptable "

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #55

Washington
How long does it usually take to get warranty work approved? I've had my 2013 31' Denali since January 2013. It has the second bedroom, outside kitchen and double slide. The first problem I had was right away with the screws in cupboard doors coming loose. Dealer put wood in them, but they still came loose. I glued toothpicks in the holes and used a bigger screw and no more problems. The kitchen faucet leaked from the beginning. I tightened everything and it still leaked and then the handle fell off. Finally I replaced the faucet and dealer reimbursed me for it. Hot water tank has been leaking. Dealer replaced pop off and something else. After 1 year I'm still waiting to have temp control replaced. Couch/bed in living room and bedroom were falling apart and cushions sunk right away. They were replaced with new ones that were built with 1X1 boards and fell apart, the runners broke and tore the carpet under the couch. Just turned in another claim to replace them. I've had 4 screws shear off the outside windows. No explanation why or how on this. Now all the clips that hold the drawers closed are breaking. Dealer resealed kitchen sink because caulking came loose and now it did it again because there are no brackets holding up front part of sink, so another claim on that. We had freezing weather here and when I opened the outside kitchen there was mold all over the side wall and door. Also the little cap on the antenna must have froze and popped up so when it warmed up water was pouring in the front bedroom from it. I went on the roof and pushed cap back down and it stopped. Dealer said that was normal! So if it had been in storage how much damage would have been done before it was discovered. The service manager at the dealer likes to blame everything on the fact that I live in it full time!! I must say though that Clayton the service tech is very good and tries to smooth things out and fixes what he can. It's just that they have to take pictures, send them in, wait for approval, order the parts and then can finally fix it. How do people that travel get stuff fixed? I still love my Denali, it has so much room, storage is great, the outside kitchen is fantastic in the summer and gives lots of extra storage space. I get so many compliments on how nice it looks.
CrazyGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:48 AM   #56

Louisiana
Camping World - Holiday Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond Gypsy View Post

Generator was not tested at delivery - no gas. I have not been able to get it to start since getting gas.

Kitchen window is so tight it is very difficult to open, and even harder to close.
"TowTow" went to Camping World of Holiday FL today to have her generator fixed. I had spoken to Nate Stonehouse a couple weeks ago when I set up the appointment and let him know that it appeared to be a fuel supply issue. It was a bad fuel pump.

They let me park in their employee lot over night so I didn't have to deal with heavy traffic on US 19. They got me in and out by early afternoon and positioned my rig so I can get out easily tonight after traffic dies down!

In addtiion to fixing the generator, which is what the appointment was specific for, I asked them to fix the kitchen window so I can open and close it easily (just a matter of changing a screw that was too long) and to look into six lights that were out, three in a series that went out together, possibly indicating an electrical problem. They found "several bad bulbs", but only charged me for two.

I've stopped into this Camping World several times over the past couple months, asking questions and trying to chase down the generator issue. They've been very helpful overall and pleasant to deal with. I would come back here again in a heartbeat!

I am going to repeat here what I just posted in the "Ceiling Light" thread ... the glass lenses screw off the puck lights, which are held in place by spring loaded "wings". The bulbs are item # 819, 12 volt, 10 watt, 0.83 amps. The replacement halogen bulb is # JC10, about $3.50. There is a direct replacement LED bulb, #52611, for about $16 with a 5 year warranty. As per the service department there is no need to replace the fixture or make any electrical modifications, just switch out the bulbs.

There are still a few issues that I am going to address once I get back up north and have more time, like the rust at the ramp door, the loose stabilizer jack, and the fact that one corner of my bed gets wet with a heavy rain (I had the front seam recaulked, but that doesn't seem to have fixed the problem).

I've been living in my 2100 now for a solid six months and have overall been pleased, mainly making decorative changes. I'll be doing more travelling this summer and am happy to now have my generator working!
"Cherise" 2001 Harley Sportster 1200 C
Vagabond Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #57

New Jersey
Glad to hear you got the generator fixed, and are getting good service from CW. I also had a bad fuel pump. I tried to test it at PDI, CW assured me they had tested it, and it showed there was gas. They said they put just enough to get it to run for a test. Subsequently, could not start the generator. It did run once on a tirp when the campground lost power, but not on other attempts or the next trip when power went out (seems to happen a lot at this campground in FL). CW fixed replaced the fuel pump on the last 9 1/2 week stay. Has started every time I've tried it, or needed it since. I have seen other cases of failing fuel pumps, is this common, or once fixed, should be OK? Where is the fuel pump, by the tank, or in the generator housing?

When we get back from FL, the RV's going back to CW to finish the bulk of the warranty repairs that could not be completed in 9 1/2 weeks due to back and forth with Dutchmen over warranty approval, and parts delivery. Looking forward to having everything finally fixed.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #58

Pennsylvania
Warranty List

1. Slideout has a large gouge underneath. Appears a screw head is not seated properly on the pads for slide. Fix screw / replace slide base.
2. Slideout seal has what appears to be glue that was spilled on it. Inner seal stuck to outer seal. Must be replaced.
3. Water Heater cold water valve is bad. It leaks.
4. Kitchen Sink has a poor / missing counter top seal. Water will quickly ruin the wood.
5. Slide out table side window has black caulking on wall.
6. Left rear taillight base is not sealed to fiberglass fully. It seems this may not be the only one. The caulking is used very minimally throughout on all the exterior lights.
7. White sealant used on roof at rear of trailer where the roof meets back fiberglass panel.
8. Staples not fully or poorly seated on trim. There are instances of this in the main bedroom at the base of the two accordion doors. Staples not seated correct depth, sharp staples exposed, missing trim or finish… I have disposed of at least 3 staples already. I found another at base of kitchen cabinet. This one will hurt someone’s bare feet.
9. Window blind in bedroom is tilted. Bad. It appears it may be more of an issue of where the tie downs/ anchors are positioned for the strings. This seems to be why this one is tilted and also why the other blinds can’t go down far enough to actually provide privacy. It seems to correct this issue all around the anchors need to be fixed in a lower and a proper location. If the blinds are 2’ wide then the anchors can’t be mounted 1.5’ apart. Also the pins need to be mounted low enough to allow the blinds to actually fully cover the windows. Needs to be repaired. How can this be done without ruining the walls w/ more holes?
10. No radio antenna. I confirmed this after I could not get more than one local station. In a trailer that markets the radio and entertainment center as a feature and has a TV as an $800 option I see no reason why I do not have a radio antenna.
Dealer Notes say fixed… not sure how. Appears they tied the radio into the cable system. Now I get Radio and no longer get local TV stations with my $800 TV. So now I have radio and no TV.
11. The AC input connection is supposed to have a Blue LED that indicates AC power present and it does not work.
vwgtiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:37 PM   #59

Texas
I would guess that most warranty issues would rear their head in the first month.

This week marks one month in my new 2014 Voltage 3895,
we've been out so far a total of 10 days and 7 nights,
almost 1,000 road miles with 135 hours on the generator,
so it has seen some use...

Warranty Items = NONE

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:35 AM   #60

Alberta
I have a 2013 261BHS and have had a few issues.
1) Water leak behind shower wall. There was a 3" screw that was holding carpet under the bunk bed that was driven right threw a water line. I repaired out camping.
2) Water leak in the underbelly. My wife was having a shower and I noticed water flowing from under the enclosed underbelly. It dumped about half the tank before I noticed. I guess there was a large hole in the line. The fixed the leak and had to replace a bunch of the insulation too.
3) Water leak on the hot water bypass valve. Replaced and was told they will leak again. That's reassuring.
4) Microwave surround cracked from improper installation. Getting replaced now at dealer.
5) Multiple screws stripped out and repaired.
6) Several drawers and doors not staying closed. Retainers replaced
7) Rear lower bunk fell apart, hinge tore off. Nothing is screwed just stapled. Dealer said they couldn't cover this under warranty. I screwed it together and have had no problems.
8) Flooring in bathroom bubbled up. Dealer repaired.
9) Dealer mounted my battery boxes and installed my Trojan T105 batteries with loose screws in between them. Checked them when I got home and took the loose screws out. Just left dents in the bottom of the batteries. This could have wrecked both of them.

I have had several issues with the dealer. They don't test things after they are fixed and half the time things still leak. They hit my trailer scuffing the side and tore the decal. I took it in yesterday to get the micro surround and the damage repaired, they said they may not cover the damage done. This was done when they moved the location of there service center. They moved my trailer too, without telling me. It took me a while to find where my trailer was.
It seems to be they way it is in Calgary, Alberta. Very poor service!!! My last trailer was a forest river product and I was very happy with the quality but it was getting small for the family. I haven`t even had this trailer a year and it has spent most of it`s time getting repaired. Hoping it will end soon so we can enjoy it this summer.