VIN Location - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2016, 04:05 AM   #1

Alabama
Question VIN Location

Hi, and thanks for having us!

We already have a question, sorry, we're really not here to "use" you folks; nevertheless, here it is: Where does one find the permanent VIN on a 2001 26RL Light TT? Please help, we must register this vessel soon.

Thanks,
Barb&Gary

Barb&Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:12 AM   #2

British Columbia
Hi, Barb and Gary,

I guess we know who drives the vessel. That's what we're here for, to be used. Some of us even like it.

Don't have the same camper as you, but I remember seeing a data plate in some obscure place. There are several tags on various components manufactured by others as well.

In my province, they look the info off of the data plate, on the front leftside of the camper.

I know you folks have many variations of the MV laws from state to state, so I'll leave the real answer to the local folks.

Again welcome and we're glad we're you're here.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:25 AM   #3

Alabama
Thank you, sir. The sticker to which you're referring is faded beyond reading. I'm thinking there has to be a permanent ID plate somewhere on a metal part. 'Preciate it!

G
Old 09-27-2016, 06:36 AM   #4

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb&Gary View Post
Hi, and thanks for having us!

We already have a question, sorry, we're really not here to "use" you folks; nevertheless, here it is: Where does one find the permanent VIN on a 2001 26RL Light TT? Please help, we must register this vessel soon.

Thanks,
Barb&Gary
This just in: I found it. On a metal strap, painted over, on the port side of the tongue. Scraped on the strap with my pocketknife and revealed the number... note to self: NEVER buy another camper without verifying the VIN, the thing could have been hot!

Thanks,
G
Old 09-27-2016, 07:38 AM   #5

British Columbia
Wow, it must have been the wee hours when you found it. I just got into my jammies with the feet in them, let the dogs out for a pee, tucked them in and gave them thier bedtime treat. I just now climbed into bed and "she who must" (you'll figure that one out quick enough ) is sleeping, her dog is snugged up close so no stink eye for me.

I get to check one more time to see what's up.

I knew it was there somewhere, now you've dropped the hint, I recall I found it when I did my disk break conversion.

Well off to sleep knowing I did half a good deed today.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:51 PM   #6

Oklahoma
Quote:
This just in: I found it. On a metal strap, painted over, on the port side of the tongue. Scraped on the strap with my pocketknife and revealed the number... note to self: NEVER buy another camper without verifying the VIN, the thing could have been hot!

Thanks,
G
Your local MVD should have been able to tell you where the VIN was located.
I registered my 2012 Chevy in OK last month. She walked out to check VIN and mileage. I mentioned I'd have to rotate the ignition switch and punch the little buttons to make the digital display give me the mileage. I've driven this thing for 40k miles mind you. She said hit that button right there, which I say, that one she says.
Well, it was a little button that automatically displays the mileage without having the key in the ignition and being rotated.
They know things the MVD

Also, your VIN is stamped on the frame rail somewhere, they wouldn't solely rely on the metal tag.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:55 PM   #7

Alabama
Thanks, guys.
1. The wee hours were necessary; I have an out of state title, thus a local gendarmes has to verify it so we can get a tag. I had to be ready.
2. It's helpful to know these DMV folks know where to look. Wish I'd known that last night! Alas, live and learn, thanks for that bit of info.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:31 PM   #8

Oklahoma
Quote:
Thanks, guys.
1. The wee hours were necessary; I have an out of state title, thus a local gendarmes has to verify it so we can get a tag. I had to be ready.
2. It's helpful to know these DMV folks know where to look. Wish I'd known that last night! Alas, live and learn, thanks for that bit of info.
Let me add this to the DMV folks, they have books that tell them where VINs are supposed to be. When I did my 3800 the gal insisted it was on a sticker inside the door, left side she insisted. I told her there are no stickers inside my door but the VIN is stamped on the pin box in two places. Finally she bought that when she came out of the book. Next she wanted to know the model, 3800 is what it is I told her. Oh no, it has to have a letter, like an M or a name like Nomad. No lady, it's just a plain ole 3800 as shown on the miles of paperwork I have.
So, they know but I think they may be a few years behind.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote