TV mount - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2019, 09:24 PM   #1

North Carolina
TV mount

Sorry if this has been answered a hundred times, but I am looking to see what kind of TV mount I need for my 2016 291RESL. It was broken into a few months back and they stole the TV and mount. I am trying to figure out what mount to get to mount a TV properly and keep it from slamming into things driving down the road. I have a picture of the original screw holes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20181230-WA0036.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	5533  

captainmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:10 AM   #2

Georgia
I have a couple of these...I like them.

Perlesmith RV Lockable TV Wall Mount for Most 23-43 Inch LED, LCD, OLED Plasma, Flat Screen TVs Full Motion with Articulating Arm Bears up to 77 lbs Swivels Tilts Extends for MotorHomes Camper Trailer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CPCMY1W..._5PedDbVRNBC9P

You’re going to have a hard time if you want it to line up with the original mounting holes.

Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 02:01 PM   #3

California
Becks mount seems like the ideal situation but you can also do what I did which is find a strap with a clip like the plastic latching straps on a backpack or fanny pack and cut it off then sew it together on the opposite ends of the clip so it is one piece. After you have done that just loosen whatever bracket you do install and put the sewn together end under the bracket against the RV wall and then tighten it down. Now you just loop the strap around the TV and clip the strap together before you travel. You can use the same method to pull tighter just like the way you would do it on your waist.

Sounds complicated but actually really easy. This method will work with any bracket you find—just takes a little “customizing”, but if you own an RV you need to get used to this kind of stuff anyway!

Also, agree with Beck that using the same holes will be hard to do but not necessary because it is behind the tv anyway so nobody will see the old ones. Just make sure you confirm you are mounting into the same stud that the old bracket was screwed into—likely runs vertically so don’t go left or right with the new bracket unless you have a stud finder— and even if you don’t move it left or right I would still use the stud finder anyway just to be safe because the stud behind the wall might run horizontally and not vertically although highly unlikely.

On the bright side when you find a new tv you will get a better quality one for far less than the junk it came with. If you still have DVD’s and camp often where there is no good reception you might look for a replacement tv with an integrated DVD player although they are getting less common these days.

Good luck!
Old 06-22-2019, 02:23 PM   #4

Florida
how about this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Camper-Motion...44475665&psc=1
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:53 PM   #5

Texas
Mounting Dream Lockable RV TV... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Z7NVBK...p_mob_ap_share

https://youtu.be/ylCocJ_Rd00
www.MasterTheNEC.com
PAbernathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:45 AM   #6

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
I have this one and like it
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:29 AM   #7

Oregon
I was looking to mount 2nd TV to the ceiling and found just the right one. This guys will have almost any configuration and mount styles for RV.
https://highskyrvparts.com/rv-parts/...nics/tv-mounts

Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote