Tip Out Bed Replacement - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2020, 09:24 PM   #1

Ontario
Tip Out Bed Replacement

Hi all, I had such a great response with my last issue I thought I would try again! We are having to replace the platform for the tip out bed in our travel trailer. So it has a piece of plywood over top of Styrofoam and what has happened is when we purchased it the very first trip that we took when we got to our first campsite and opened it it was completely wet. So the wood, as a result was soggy and so we are finding ourselves having to replace it. I just wondered if anybody out of there has ever had to replace the wood and if they might be able to give a little bit of advice. We have searched endlessly through the internet and there are no videos that we could find to help us out. I guess the biggest issue is we're not sure if we have to take off the outside lock bars that lock the tip out to the actual trailer. Any advice would be welcomed and muchly appreciated. Or if anyone has seen these videos and could drop the link in the reply I would appreciate that as well. Thanks guys!

DD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:44 AM   #2

Wisconsin
Pictures would help find a solution. Maybe a picture open, closed, and closeup sandwiched wet piece.

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 03:34 PM   #3

British Columbia
I just did a full wood replacement on my hybrid C190 - not the tip-outs though... but did replace nearly the entire floor.
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 04:42 PM   #4

Ontario
Kodiak bed replacement 2009

Hi,
Curious if you've found any additional information or experience to draw from. The front bed on our model is coming apart and is very soggy behind the front (exterior) fiberglass (or luan) and under the material below the mattress.

Dealer here says bed is a custom order because of the age (2009 Kodiak 160) and will run up to CAD$1500 to build and ship one-off for repair and maybe more with installation.
darrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:23 PM   #5

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrent View Post
Hi,
Curious if you've found any additional information or experience to draw from. The front bed on our model is coming apart and is very soggy behind the front (exterior) fiberglass (or luan) and under the material below the mattress.

Dealer here says bed is a custom order because of the age (2009 Kodiak 160) and will run up to CAD$1500 to build and ship one-off for repair and maybe more with installation.
Welcome new member!

I recommend you start a new thread. Post make model and year as well as a detailed description of the issue. Attached pictures will be a big help. Ask for help if you can't figure how to upload pictures.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 03:00 PM   #6

Ontario
Hey DD40, I did find the following youtube videos of repair jobs for tip outs.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...c4VfP-xujbmb8n

Let me know if you come across any others. WIth no work area I'm unlikely to tackle based on the length of time and amount of work.

darrent is offline   Reply With Quote