Spring cleaning - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2021, 09:53 PM   #1

Florida
Spring cleaning

We are wanting to get a good coat of wax on our camper. What does everyone recommend and what should we avoid.

Thanks!

GibbsAcresOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:13 PM   #2

Wisconsin
Poliglow

I am not an expert on all the available chemical systems. So far, I have found this:

Do no use automotive wax systems on fiberglass or aluminum TT's. They are usually designed for "clear coat" paint systems.

Fiberglass need special cleaning followed by a UV protection. I use a Poliglow kit.
https://www.poliglowproducts.com/sto...low-Kit.html#/

There are many brands. Often they require following certain procedures exactly and may require a little skill for perfect results. Read instruction carefully.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:12 PM   #3

Idaho
Before I downsized to the Kodiak Express I owned a Class A diesel pusher for 11 years. I used Rejex on it and it kept the finish in gorgeous condition, usually only needing to apply once a year. I just ordered Rejex and plan on applying it to the trailer in the next few weeks. I use elbow grease to apply it, and a buffer to polish, using buffing sponges from the chemical guys. Good luck.
Joe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:15 AM   #4

Oklahoma
I use Aero Cosmetics. It was formulated for aircraft but It is good for RV's. They have an amazing application system.
Grdrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:05 PM   #5

California
While I don’t have proof I did read that chemicals in wax can be really hard on vinyl decals.

I have two friends with the same motor homes and they both store outside. One guy paid a service to wash and wax his rig twice a year and the other did not. The decals on both rigs are weathered but the wash and wash guy’s are in much worse shape. It’s not even close.

I don’t know if it will really work but I am now using 303 protector on my decals as others in this forum claim it works great to preserve decals. I hate the way these decals all fade and crack and peel after about 3 years. I just removed and replaced 6 and it was expensive and really time consuming. I will do whatever I can to preserve them other than covering or parking indoors, which is not practical for me.