Rv insurance - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2020, 09:05 PM   #1

Illinois
Rv insurance

I have a 5th wheel and currently have insurance coverage on it through a local agent. My question is about insurance on it through Good Sam. I will have to do some checking but it appears as though Good Sam may be less expensive. What is everyone's experience with Good Sam. Thank you in advance, and what a great site this is.

Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:49 PM   #2

New York
you car insurance will cover you for liability .

rafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:18 PM   #3

Pennsylvania
Insurance

True! Stay with the auto carrier. I have all through Nationwide and get great discounts. In any event of a loss, I just call the agent, that’s why he gets paid and it’s less hassle than dealing with all the BS. Good Sam? Good for fuel and discounts at CW, Overtons and Gander. Catch a member day and it’s 20% off. Wait till you have a pricey order, ask for a Credit Card, and it’s another 10%..
I saved a ton on a big order.
Lagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:13 AM   #4

Ohio
I have Geico without the liability coverage. In the past I have had Farmers and Good Sam but Geico is quit a bit less.
blimpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:52 PM   #5

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local150 View Post
I have a 5th wheel and currently have insurance coverage on it through a local agent. My question is about insurance on it through Good Sam. I will have to do some checking but it appears as though Good Sam may be less expensive. What is everyone's experience with Good Sam. Thank you in advance, and what a great site this is.

When I bought our new trailer this year, insurance was a must have for the loan. I shopped several "RV" insurance companies, Good Sam included. Their quotes cam back in the thousand+ mark a year. I called Gieco, since my previous trailer is insured by them, and waited 40 minutes or more on hold. After talking to the agent about what I wanted, first removing my sold trailer and getting a refund for the time between the sale and the call, I got a quote. Without hesitation I said do it. The difference is amazing between what Gieco quoted and what all the others were at, it was ~20% the cost of all the others. I have 2 trucks and a car on Gieco, which helps too.

For all four vehicles it is somewhere around $2600 a year, and only reason it isn't lower is the amount of miles I drive a year, 33,000 or more, and I chose low deductibles, 100/500, full coverage on all. The full coverage on the RV is $442 a year. Good Sam was $1927 for the year.

I shopped recently with other companies, and they were coming back at $2400 for 6 months! Uh, yeah, I think I will stick with Gieco for now. Even after having two vehicles totaled, not my fault though, they did not jack my rates up, and the slight increases over the last few years was minimal, and basically applied to everyone. So hope that helps somewhat. If your current auto insurance has RV insurance, you will be much better off going with them instead of the RV insurance companies.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote