RV Covers - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2020, 09:01 PM   #1

Idaho
RV Covers

I am needing to purchase a cover for our 5th wheel this year as it is parked in a permanent location. However I am wanting a cover that is not form fitting to the 5th wheel so I can store some patio chairs and our propane fire table under the overhang. Should I be looking at a Motorhome or Trailer cover? Or is this not a feasible option?
What cover would you recommend? We live in Northern Idaho and we usually get a few feet of snow on an average year.
Thank you for your feedback in advance.

Hootsfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:29 PM   #2

California
How about a form fitting cover and then some velcro or snaps to create a curtain like system that hangs straight down from the overhang. You could then find the cheapest and smallest car cover out there and cut it to hang down from the RV cover? You could either Velcro it on or off (my vote) or snap it on or off.

As for recommendations I couldn’t tell you as I don’t use one. I have considered in the past but never pulled the trigger because I feel like it would be a major hassle to take on and off of my 5er and living in SoCal we don’t get snow or much rain so other than decals fading the only real concern is the roof and I just clean and reseal it once or twice a year and inspect for any signs of damage. I also wax it at least annually with marine wax.

Old 08-29-2020, 08:59 PM   #3

Arizona
I purchase from Empire Covers.
steve weston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:33 PM   #4

Illinois
If it is permanent, how about a small shed that fits your stuff? Take the pin box off and you could put it there and still access the front belly storage. While you could use a Class A cover, you would have to contend with wind that can get under it and rip it off, where the form fitting one is less likely to do that. Also if it doesn't rip it off, the wind under it can flap against the sides and roof and cause damage to it.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote