O.K., I may be brain dead - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2015, 03:38 AM   #1

California
O.K., I may be brain dead

Background: Aerolite 302 2015yr
Outside Satellite hookup along with cable
purchased Winegard X2 satellite with Dish reciever

Question 1: I know I hook up the satellite to the outside coax labeled satellite, but the only coax coming in (from behind the Furrion system) is hooked to the t.v. Do I unplug it from the t.v. and run this coax into my receiver, then plug the HDMI from the receiver into the t.v. and thus one cable is split somewhere between cable, antennae and satellite? I also know I'm supposed to turn off the amplifier in the bedroom.

Question 2: since there are only 2 coax in the bedroom (and I am hooking a t.v. up there also) is the one for cable going to provide satellite to the bedroom?

I've searched all over the web and can't find this specific answer(s). It's driving me crazy as I'm headed up to the site this weekend.

I appreciate all the answers in advance! Thanks

kowboy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:48 PM   #2

Washington
There must be a separate cable somewhere in the coach. How many inputs do you have at the outside? Satellite requires a dedicated cable to/from the receiver.

Yes, once you find the dedicated coax line to the inside of the coach, you connect to the satellite receiver and then connect HDMI to the TV. No, you won't be able to watch satellite in the bedroom unless the satellite receiver has RF output (ie: channel 3) as well as HDMI.

You can test the cable to see if it's the right one by connecting a 9V battery to one end and checking to see which cable you get 9V from on the other end.

Happiness is an old pickup truck, a good dog and an understanding woman....
ewacowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:10 AM   #3

Nevada
This might help you
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Voltage Satelite Cable Wiring.pdf (106.2 KB, 90 views)

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:39 PM   #4

California
Thanks all. Wiring diagrams don't work for this trailer but I've figured it out I believe. The one wire coming out is split and acts as a one all in. Satellite hookup in bedroom along with cable/antennae. Kind of stinks that with all the splits I had to hook direct to the reliever at first to find satallites. I'll see today when I get some more cable. Appreciate the responses.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:43 AM   #5

Yes a mentioned a dedicated line must come from the antenna to the dish receiver. After that there is a way to have satellite in the bedroom also.. I went with the Genie satellite system for DTV. I put an aux box into the bedroom and hooked it to the tv. The antenna for the system not the outside antenna was placed in the lower bay. Now I have tv in both livingroom and bedroom. this is an option if u like laying in bed at night a watching a little tv before crashing.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:31 PM   #6

California
All connected and working WHEN I hook directly to the reciever NOT when I hook to the outside in Satellite connection. Too many splitters? Why?
Old 05-24-2015, 09:05 PM   #7

Texas
I had that same problem with my Torque TH. I added a coax input direct to the box. It only requires you to drill a small hole to connect the coax.

RV Exterior Black Cable TV Receptcal Round Plate camper motorhome Pop Up Trailer | eBay

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote