Originally Posted by steve and Melanie
No Brakes hooked up to the 5 th wheel and pulled it out after the winter and no brakes the truck is good and the trailer had brakes when we parked it checked fuses none blown no idea where to go from there 2009 den 38 RG
Not trying to be an ass, but… help us help you. Punctuation works wonders when asking for assistance. I had to re-read your post 3 times to figure where one sentence ended, and another began.
Ok, moving on… issue could be a few things, including:
- rusted assemblies locking things up
- corroded or fouled pin connection on either the truck or RVs electrical pigtail
- loose, broken, or disconnected ground wire
- loose, broken, or disconnected power wire
- issue with the truck’s brake controller
If you’re comfortable with checking electrical issues, I’d recommend getting out your test-light, and verifying you have power coming from your truck’s pigtail receptacle. You can find diagrams on which pin is the brake by doing a Google search. If that’s good, then I’d begin checking the wiring on your rig… verifying you have juice to the brakes.
I’m sure others will chime in with suggestions as well. Good luck, and let us know what you find.