New Management at Dutchmen? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #1

Washington
Cool New Management at Dutchmen?

Just got off the phone with the rep at CW. He called to tell me all the repairs on my coach have been authorized and he is ordering parts to take care of it. This includes new floors in the Schwintek slides, resealing the entire roof, a new kingpin cover, and new drawer latches. While its there they will also look into the a/c ducts and evaluate the paint on the front and rear caps. He also said this is the result of new management from Keystone being tasked with handling Dutchmen's problems. He had been stonewalled on all these issues for the last month by Dutchmen and out of the blue his Keystone rep called, told him about the changes, and authorized all the repairs. I really hope this is true and we'll see better service from Dutchmen. Maybe things are looking up.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #2

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawpilot View Post
. He also said this is the result of new management from Keystone being tasked with handling Dutchmen's problems. He had been stonewalled on all these issues for the last month by Dutchmen and out of the blue his Keystone rep called, told him about the changes, and authorized all the repairs. I really hope this is true and we'll see better service from Dutchmen. Maybe things are looking up.
That is actually how I got some of my warranty work done - a Keystone rep authorized them.....however I had been on both my dealer and Dutchmen like a fly on poop.....and had everything documented.....so when I got a call from the Keystone rep, he made the comment that he could not understand why the delay as everything was well documented.....

Hopefully we start to see some improvements here!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #3

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawpilot View Post
Just got off the phone with the rep at CW. He called to tell me all the repairs on my coach have been authorized and he is ordering parts to take care of it. This includes new floors in the Schwintek slides, resealing the entire roof, a new kingpin cover, and new drawer latches. While its there they will also look into the a/c ducts and evaluate the paint on the front and rear caps. He also said this is the result of new management from Keystone being tasked with handling Dutchmen's problems. He had been stonewalled on all these issues for the last month by Dutchmen and out of the blue his Keystone rep called, told him about the changes, and authorized all the repairs. I really hope this is true and we'll see better service from Dutchmen. Maybe things are looking up.
I just got the news from my Repair facility today that the floor on my Schwintek bedroom slide had gotten wet and swelled by the outside wall. This is restricting the slide from going in all the way to seal up against the wall. It was built with OSB (junk board). This had actually started from the time that I purchased this unit in Elkhart, IN. Jack nuts from Elkhart RV claimed it couldn't be adjusted. Turned out they were right. The floor had swelled at that time and would not allow the slide to slide in all the way. We're 20 months later. I wish that Keystone had gotten their fingers out of their noses sooner.

What's done is done.

I wish you the best on your warranty claims.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #4

Why would an unrelated company like Keystone get involved in Dutchmen issues of any type?
BigBoyjack b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #5

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyjack b View Post
Why would an unrelated company like Keystone get involved in Dutchmen issues of any type?
They are both owned by THOR Industries. Sister companies.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #6

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinityrver View Post
I just got the news from my Repair facility today that the floor on my Schwintek bedroom slide had gotten wet and swelled by the outside wall. This is restricting the slide from going in all the way to seal up against the wall. It was built with OSB (junk board). This had actually started from the time that I purchased this unit in Elkhart, IN. Jack nuts from Elkhart RV claimed it couldn't be adjusted. Turned out they were right. The floor had swelled at that time and would not allow the slide to slide in all the way. We're 20 months later. I wish that Keystone had gotten their fingers out of their noses sooner.

What's done is done.

I wish you the best on your warranty claims.

Thanks Dave, I'll post the results after its all done. We're still probably looking at 4-6 weeks to get the repairs made. And thats if they don't, what am I saying, of course they'll find problems if they will only look. I've pointed them at several problem areas that have been discussed at length on this forum and I thank you all for that. Maybe they'll just take care of them all while its out of service. Wishful thinking.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #7

Thanks, I did not realize that Thor also owned Keystone. Wow! Any RV company they don't own?!! Sure know lots of unhappy Keystone owners as well!
BigBoyjack b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #8

Indiana
Just go to the "Thor forums" forum and you'll see all the makes that Thor owns.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 11-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #9

Oklahoma
What would be great would be to get the Keystone representative actively viewing this forum.

Who knows, it may open his eyes as to the many, many problems with the Dutchman product. Or, he might seek a different line of work after he sees the complaints listed here.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #10

Indiana
I have gone to the Keystone site and have started nawing on their service contact ear about the osb board on my slide.

Either they'll help or they won't. They can't ignore me any more then the Dutchmen people did.

We'll see!

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 11-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #11

The change came earlier in 2013
Dutchmen, Keystone sport management changes