Me thinks Dutchmen is selling "KIT FIFTHWHEEL" - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #1

Michigan
Me thinks Dutchmen is selling "KIT FIFTHWHEEL"

Well just got done repairing the under refrigerator drawer unit could not figure out why when I pulled it out It would rest on the floor. After emptying the drawer and removing the drawer I found out why. The screws holding the sliding drawer brackets were attached to the floor using two three-quarter inch screws which had pulled out of the floor. Okay 1 inch screws. Problem: the braket board was not predrilled which would have allowed it to compress the carpet rather than tightening up on the first board the screw went through. Anyway it is repaired and life continues on.

GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #2

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENYEARS View Post
Well just got done repairing the under refrigerator drawer unit could not figure out why when I pulled it out It would rest on the floor. After emptying the drawer and removing the drawer I found out why. The screws holding the sliding drawer brackets were attached to the floor using two three-quarter inch screws which had pulled out of the floor. Okay 1 inch screws. Problem: the braket board was not predrilled which would have allowed it to compress the carpet rather than tightening up on the first board the screw went through. Anyway it is repaired and life continues on.
Love the "kit 5th wheel " reference. With a real "kit anything" you get more or less pretty detailed instructions on what to do. On these Dutchmen's its more hunt and peck to find all the problems and then have to devise the means to fix them. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice.......... never again.
sawpilot is offline   Reply With Quote