Lippert Correct Track - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2014, 01:13 AM   #1

British Columbia
Lippert Correct Track

Does anybody have a rig with the Lippert Correct Track either OEM or after market install?

I came across it when I was goggling wheel alignments for campers.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I need a wheel alignment and I like the idea of adjusting vs bending the axles. Certainly seems like a better solution than having to bend the axles every time you need an alignment.

Anybody in BC have these and who is doing the servicing?

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #2

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Does anybody have a rig with the Lippert Correct Track either OEM or after market install?

I came across it when I was goggling wheel alignments for campers.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I need a wheel alignment and I like the idea of adjusting vs bending the axles. Certainly seems like a better solution than having to bend the axles every time you need an alignment.

Anybody in BC have these and who is doing the servicing?
Just out of curiosity, why do you find the need to do a wheel alignment?

2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #3

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmroper View Post
Just out of curiosity, why do you find the need to do a wheel alignment?
That would be because the right side tires are wearing the outside edge.

The wonderful Power Kings were shot at 4200 miles. The replacement Gladiators have 6000 miles on them. I would like to be able to pull the trailer without having to worry about that kind of wear. Would also be nice to have to replace tires when they are worn out from mileage, not a design defect in the axles.

The reply I got from Dexter was I need to find a shop that can bend the axles. Not my idea of the best way to do an alignment.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #4

Texas
Quote:
That would be because the right side tires are wearing the outside edge.

The wonderful Power Kings were shot at 4200 miles. The replacement Gladiators have 6000 miles on them. I would like to be able to pull the trailer without having to worry about that kind of wear. Would also be nice to have to replace tires when they are worn out from mileage, not a design defect in the axles.

The reply I got from Dexter was I need to find a shop that can bend the axles. Not my idea of the best way to do an alignment.
I understood Heartland started installing them at the factory starting around Sep 13. Perhaps someone on the Heartland forum can help. I plan to upgrade all bushings this spring and was considerding installing this alignmet device. I will probably demo it on my 35' flatbed before the TT. Please keep me posted on what you find out.
2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmroper View Post
I understood Heartland started installing them at the factory starting around Sep 13. Perhaps someone on the Heartland forum can help. I plan to upgrade all bushings this spring and was considerding installing this alignmet device. I will probably demo it on my 35' flatbed before the TT. Please keep me posted on what you find out.
I am going to do the bushings as well. When I started looking at possible causes of the tire wear problem, I found that half of the mounts didn't have the spacer in the saddle. This could be part of the problem. I can imagine one the assembly line an impact gun cracked to the max and squashing the saddle throwing it out.

I am going to call Lippert on Monday to see were the closest shop that is setup with the lasers to do the alignment is and just get 'er done.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #6

British Columbia
I found this on youtube.

Sure am glad they use that new and improver rubber steel in RV constrution.

I knew that there was some flexing going on, but never imagined it was that much.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
I am going to do the bushings as well. When I started looking at possible causes of the tire wear problem, I found that half of the mounts didn't have the spacer in the saddle. This could be part of the problem. I can imagine one the assembly line an impact gun cracked to the max and squashing the saddle throwing it out.

I am going to call Lippert on Monday to see were the closest shop that is setup with the lasers to do the alignment is and just get 'er done.
Well, Lippertt was a great help!

I phoned the customer service number and got a rep that had no idea what I was talking about.

After about ten minutes of her carrying on a conversation with her supervisor in the back ground she comes back on the line. She tells me they don't have the information on who the dealers in my area are. Tells me that they will have the tech guys phone tell next day.

Still waiting, glad it's not an emergency.